X33 Gen 1 - Pushers

Dear all,
I had a chance to hold a X33 gen 1 and noticed that the pusher for the backlight, located at 7h, would not feel as a regular "Casio" pusher but would rather feel as a mechanical chronograph button: when you press it nothing happens until you press it a little bit further and make it "clic" to activate the light. Didn't test the other pushers but I was wondering if this is the correct behaviour. Seems like a way of preventing it from being activated accidentally.

Thanks

all of the pushers on mine behave this way. The travel isn't that much that I would expect to be a design feature.....but happy for someone who knows this for sure to chime in.

and a gratuitous pic

The click seems to me necessary when using it while wearing astronaut gloves.

The clicking of the pushers is by design to provide a tactile response to the user that the pusher has been engaged to change the mode or engage a timing feature. This feature enhances the watches feedback to the user while wearing gloves as mentioned above and also while using the watch in low lighting conditions according to those I have spoken to about it.

As a follow up....and probably more than you wanted to know.

I reached out to someone that purchased his X-33 prototype (<$800 USD) with round pushers after his shuttle flight to ask if his watch pushers clicked or if the addition of the click was added per testing feedback. He says his round watch pushers click like the GEN 1/2 pushers. He has both the prototype and GEN 1 version.

I also have an old GEN 1 case as well without the module installed. It appears that the clicking function is inherent to the module design and not the pusher assembly. There is no click of the pusher when depressed without the digital module installed.

EDIT - Just heard from a second person that flew an earlier version of the X-33 prototype and his round pushers do not click so somewhere along the way the clicking response to depressing the pushers was added.
Edited: