Forums Latest Members
  1. kip595 Mar 12, 2020

Came across what seems a weird one, even weird for a knockoff or redial. The seller openly admits he has no idea if it is a Longines to begin with, and has no idea about the movement, only states that it winds properly and keeps time +-10S a day for the few days they tested it.

I've never encountered any Longines with a star design on the dial like this, but I'm no Longines expert and was curious if anyone here had any thoughts? If Longines didn't, was someone just desperate to pick a random "luxury" brand for an anonymous frankenwatch back in the day, perhaps? Or does someone know better regarding a design like this? (I know, not seeing the movement hinders any real analysis, but I'm very curious to see if anyone at least recognizes that dial design)

WTH3.jpg 1TH2.jpg WTH1.jpg

2. Radiumpassion Mar 12, 2020

Without seeing the movement, I think nothing on this watch is from Longines....

3. OMEGuy Mar 12, 2020

I like "WATERRESISTANT" watches. So what's not to like here?

Andsan, DaveK and Lazy_Lightning like this.
  4. Canuck Mar 12, 2020

Make that two of us!

5. kip595 Mar 12, 2020

I agree, Longines just seems like such a random choice to ripoff for such a weird little put-together.

6. Evitzee Mar 12, 2020

This is from the Timex website:

Water-resistant vs. waterproof watch
    “Waterproof” is a term that gets thrown around a lot, but the Federal Trade Commission banned its use in advertising in the watch industry in the late 1960s. This was because no watch — or most other items, for that matter — can truly claim to be unharmed by water in all cases. At some point, and at some degree of water pressure, water will leak through a watch’s intricate mechanics and cause damage.

However, water resistance is a very real concept. It measures how much water pressure a watch can handle before it breaks. This measurement is important to know for the proper care and keeping of your watch.

That's why you'll see 'Waterresistant' on vintage case backs.

7. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Mar 12, 2020

I think that the comment was Waterresistant vs water resistant. Though maybe this is like Red Bull, which now gives you wiiings vs wings

OMEGuy likes this.
  8. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 13, 2020

Reminds me of the Antmagnetic one several years ago, great if you wanted Ants

DaveK and OMEGuy like this.