WTH is this "Speedmaster"

Posts
6,437
Likes
31,613
Someone on a local forum posted this which he saw on Facebook, can't be real or is it? DON bezel, Charles
Laevens with the captain title and callsign gulfstream and the US naval test pilot emblem seems kind of a stretch for a Head of Retail, Operations and Training tribute watch
 
Posts
1,555
Likes
6,788
“In Omega he trusts since 2006”. That made me laugh. 😁

Must be a joke. Of sorts.
 
Posts
337
Likes
280
Certainly seems like some sort of inside joke. Can’t wait to see the knockoffs on eBay 😉
 
Posts
10,755
Likes
16,744
It looks great. The Remove Before Flight pouch straps are almost too good an idea to be fake or a fantasy render. Omega should consider some of the elements here seriously, if indeed they haven’t already
 
Posts
745
Likes
1,742


NATO integrated directly into the lugs! I wonder if we will see that reach the standard moonwatch models. 😉
 
Posts
8
Likes
19
I've seen it on Reddit a couple times, it's apparently named the "Pilot Chronograph" or something to that nature.

It looks like a Fortis Cosmonaut and a Speedmaster had a one night stand and this is the result.
 
Posts
92
Likes
46
I've seen it on Reddit a couple times, it's apparently named the "Pilot Chronograph" or something to that nature.

It looks like a Fortis Cosmonaut and a Speedmaster had a one night stand and this is the result.
It really looks like a Fortis sibling watch but I'm not sure if it's a fake I think 60% Fake, 40% a real new upcoming Speedy
 
Posts
869
Likes
2,206
It really looks like a Fortis sibling watch but I'm not sure if it's a fake I think 60% Fake, 40% a real new upcoming Speedy
I am thinking 100% fake, 0% real/new speedy.
 
Posts
18,745
Likes
38,892
WTF?
You can't make a trunk call until 3 minutes past the hour?
Or turn on your circuit legs until 3 minutes past the hour?
Or maybe it's radio silence period for SOLAS signals?

🙄

 
Posts
963
Likes
3,970
It was posted on @sonofawatch IG yesterday as well. Apparently, their words not mine, "Omega...is testing a special Speedmaster together with the United States Navy Test Pilot School..."

Not sure how valid that claim is but figured I'd share
 
Posts
6,473
Likes
22,004
"The Flightmaster is strong with this one!"

Tell the truth, I love this. Straight lug, DON, that touch of lume on the outer ring, etc..
 
Posts
2,044
Likes
7,186
WTF?
You can't make a trunk call until 3 minutes past the hour?
Or turn on your circuit legs until 3 minutes past the hour?
Or maybe it's radio silence period for SOLAS signals?

🙄

I think it is a reference to the old 3-6-9 marks on the dials, used for navigation purposes if I recall well (need to search for the old thread later).
 
Posts
18,745
Likes
38,892
I think it is a reference to the old 3-6-9 marks on the dials, used for navigation purposes if I recall well (need to search for the old thread later).
Yep, that's what I was getting at.
Probably makes sense on a minute counter sub-dial, but on a 12 hour dial 😵‍💫.
 
Posts
2,044
Likes
7,186
Yep, that's what I was getting at.
Probably makes sense on a minute counter sub-dial, but on a 12 hour dial 😵‍💫.
Jim, this sub-dial counts both hours AND minutes.
Now, I am not defending the legibility of this watch or its entirety, but there is some logic.
 
Posts
18,745
Likes
38,892
Ah yes, now I understand (I thought it was a simple second time dial).

I think I just saw Captain Laevens walking down to the phone box on the corner to make a trunk call to his Mum.
 
Posts
10,755
Likes
16,744
Omega have done that (utterly useless) 3 min trunk call timer before of course, most recently on the Dynamic Chrono, I'll attach a pic when I can find one that works

Edited: