WTH is this "Speedmaster"

this is a real watch offered to military pilots only. you have to be a winged aviator/pilot/navigator and show documents to get one. Im with a group that is in contact with Omega to buy around 50 of these with custom casebacks like you see above. Ours have US Navy wings, our names/CS and other meaningful engravings at the 12/3/6/9. the brochure from Omega has US Army and USAF wings--im sure other countries badges too. It also comes with the Ed White bracelet. ive got a digital brochure around here somewhere.... ive also got a custom IWC with Navy wings..
I have one on order as well.

These are fantastic. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to learning more once some of these take wing in the real world.

Appreciate @Flathat sharing these photos/information. Nice to see a watch still being used as a tool....seems to be a rarity these days.

Extremely cool of Omega to quietly produce references exclusive to the military. I had no idea they did this aside from the SF Seamaster. Thanks for sharing the pics and background Flathat!

One of the commanders of an Osprey V22 unit had a cool X-33 with his unit he started with insignia on the back.
Got talking one day and I noticed and he gave me a look. Said all the unit had gotten one several years earlier on a similar unit wide deal.
( Funny as there was a few guys that wanted his attention but stood with their hands behind their back while we nerd,ed out on watches for a couple of minutes. I sensed wanting to interrupt but not game enough to 😉)

Interesting. Makes me wonder how many of these types of small-production, special-customer designs are floating round out there, and how long Omega has been producing them. Anyone have any insight into this?
I’m a member of a Naval Aviation forum [ www.airwarriors.com ] where various members have been doing the Omega small-production, special-customer designs [via group buy] from around 2008 and onward. I wouldn’t be surprised if Omega had been doing it well before that.

Being a military pilot, how do you go about ordering one?
Let me know if you find out, trying to get in on the action as well

I’m a member of a Naval Aviation forum [ www.airwarriors.com ] where various members have been doing the Omega small-production, special-customer designs [via group buy] from around 2008 and onward. I wouldn’t be surprised if Omega had been doing it well before that.
Like a lot of us, I think, I had no idea … thanks for the insight!

Like a lot of us, I think, I had no idea … thanks for the insight!
I also had no idea until I joined www.airwarriors.com in 2014…then I noticed specific threads pertaining to the group buys from Omega [as well as other brands].

Killer photos!

There was another U2 pilot who joined the forum years back. I think he retired from the service.

Heyo! I didn’t retire, I just left when my commitment was up, and I haven’t been on the forum foreverrrrrr because it wasn’t supported on tapatalk. But I quit that too, so I’m back!

I saw an article on Fratello about the kerfuffle over our new watch and figured I should check back in.

Blue skies, y’all!
Edited:

i don t like the design of this pilot watch, looks cheaper that the others speedmaster