Forums Latest Members

WSRUW: What Seiko Are You Wearing Today?

1. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Sep 20, 2018

i always wanted seiko 600m watch. was never able to pick one up for the price i wanted to pay and opted for the phillip carbbean model.

my tastes have change and while i still like the watch, i mainly just look at it instead of wearing it

the philip 5000 is a very undervalued watch

[​IMG]

2. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Sep 20, 2018

i'm talking about brand perception. not value proposition...

i'm not the evil hate mongering devil with horns trying t bring down seiko.

you want to compare a grand seiko to a rolex and dig your feet in the in order to stress that they are be my guest. if you want to state the seiko 5 is the best priced automatic that's wonderful for you a well.

Edited Sep 20, 2018
  3. Sweli Sep 20, 2018

Well, I was just shopping at the walmart online store, and I can buy a Rolex though the site. The order is filled by 3rd party, but nonetheless, available through walmart (how gauche! )

I see your point, and it's a valid one, but you must agree that Seiko makes watches for all price points. It's really no different than Omega/Swatch or Ferrari/Fiat--they just keep it In House. Sometimes you have to make what sells in volume, so you can afford to do the higher end stuff.

4. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Sep 20, 2018

really...

there's no difference between omega and swatch?

there's no difference in ferrari and fiat?

good news peeps. no need to drop 3k on an omega because you can spend 50 on a swatch because there's no difference

5. Sweli Sep 20, 2018

No difference between Seiko and King Seiko?

No difference between Seiko and Grand Seiko?

No difference between Seiko and Credor?

I would opine there is a difference. Surely there's a difference between Ferrari and Fiat, and any layman can see that. Problem is, boy, the high end stuff is not as profitable. Sorry to burst your bubble, but Ferrari was sold to Fiat for a reason--they can't afford to maintain their standard of high performance otherwise.

There is no doubt that a quartz watch will perform better than a mechanical. "Connected" digital better than both. Understand that you are in a relatively niche market--time to grow up.

Meanwhile, you can order your new Rolex on the Walmart website.

Foo2rama likes this.
  6. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Sep 20, 2018

of course there's a difference..but you failed to omit that in your original post because it weakened what you were trying to say to point where what you said didn't need to be said at all.

you can't reduce discussions to the last common denominator or spin it because you have nothing else as a comeback buy saying "their all watches" eiher.

and cmon..you can't walk into your local walmart and buy a rolex off the floor. yet you grasp at this concept of buying one online "saying you can buy rolex at walmart" and proclaim some sort of victory.....

and don't call me boy and insult me. it's very racist and uncalled for

7. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Sep 20, 2018

OOOooo... there's that "racist" word. It is always called for to punctuate one's argument in such a manner.

8. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Sep 20, 2018

Seiko is a fine brand to admire, for its products, its heritage, and perhaps particularly because of its broad efforts to market its wares.

Here's a Seiko quartz, the only quartz in the watch menagerie here. It has nary a bit of gold in its plating either. I don't prefer to wear quartz watches normally, however I'm sentimentally attached to this one, given to me by a thoughtful wife as I was heading out the front door on a trip to the U. K. in about 1998. I didn't have as large a menagerie of vintage watches on hand at that time and one favorite had stopped during a previous trip to the U. K. and France months before. Another favorite was in the watch shop for repairs. She had gone to ... yep WalMart in Cleburne, Texas earlier that day and fetched home this watch so that I wouldn't have to do without a watch on my wrist on the trip.

I gratefully wear it from time to time.

[​IMG]

Pun, Mtek and DWash like this.
  9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 20, 2018

Are you from an alien race? Or a chimpanzee? Otherwise his use in this context is not racial, unless you count an 8 year old court case that got overturned because of context.

In this case he was clearly commenting on your seemingly juvenile logic in regards to this issue.

Your apparently unaware that Seiko does little to no marketing in the US save to scuba divers. The low end pieces are not really made for the US market, and the high end pieces are more of a Japanese sensibility then western. Frankly Seiko at this time cares very little about the US market for basically the uneducated position you take as being common. Uneducated in this case means awareness of Seiko in the world market not anything else and not an insult to your education or intellect.

Orient on the other hand is pushing hard into the US market via social media....

10. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Sep 20, 2018

wrong.

and you don't speak for everyone or omegaforums.

if you don't like seiko's brand perception to americans you have more than me to worry about. my points are about brand perception ..notihng else

it's not subjective to use the word "boy" to the point here you can use it and say it didn't imply anything or meant something else. it was a not so veiled attempt of an insult..and a racist one at that. regardless if you didn't think it was

he was clearly making poor points from his side and was angered so he opted to drag the convo down the gutter and insult me because of it.

that's it in a nutshell

11. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Sep 20, 2018

Willing to argue with a post, that boy is.

12. Sweli Sep 20, 2018

I called you "boy" for your unsophisticated attitudes in matters of business, not because I'm "raciiss". You have exposed yourself. No go away, or I shall taunt you a second time.

Damn millenials .

noelekal and ConElPueblo like this.
  13. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 20, 2018

You apparently did not actually read anything I said with any comprehension did you?

Dude every post you make is trolling and asking for fights, why don't you be productive instead of just trolling for fights. IDK actually look at other peoples points instead of the pattern of asking questions then debating everyones answers, in what really looks like trollish behavior.

isaac.owen.nz and AveConscientia like this.
  14. Mtek Sep 20, 2018

I was called a “Laddie” one time on the forum, I actually thought it was pretty cool. Lol

ConElPueblo, Pun and noelekal like this.
  15. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Sep 20, 2018

I was called "Luv" by the hairy-legged male proprietor in a corner shop in Yorkshire while wearing the new Seiko quartz on that particular trip and thought it was pretty cool too.

Steve88M3 and Mtek like this.
  16. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Sep 20, 2018

as an african american i am very appalled by peoples behavior and their racist and insulting attitudes

and lol @ you. daring to taunt me again...i destroyed everything you said and tried to say on this matter, and i can easily do it again....got it...boyyyyyyeeee

17. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Sep 20, 2018

Way back in the dark ages there existed a madcap troupe of comic geniuses called Monty Python who went about the known world doing good and making irreverent fun and frolic. Sweli is old enough to recall those times.

18. Mtek Sep 20, 2018

Anyone can call me anything they want on the forum, I won’t get offended. It’s a watch forum, and I enjoy it, but certainly don’t take it seriously.

noelekal and DWash like this.
  19. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Sep 20, 2018

i hear you. but he was clearly losing his side of the debate or his other lame points he was trying to make and i called him out on it.

he didn't like it and that and this was his only rebuttal

it's more than obvious some people don't hearing about seiko's brand perception in the usa.

sorry,....it's not going to change anything trying to dispute it or calling me names or the bad guy

20. Rman Sep 20, 2018

Have you noticed you’re kind of a magnet for trouble?
    Are you constantly feeling like people say inflammatory things to you?
    Do you feel misunderstood?

It may be what you’re putting out into the universe friend.

We discuss watches here, it isn’t about winning.

No problems on this forum we’re from all over the world all different backgrounds.

But I think you’ll find if you don’t take a different tone you won’t get to enjoy all this place has to offer.