WRUW Today?

Posts
17,419
Likes
164,767
A brief outing for the Roamer this afternoon, some may know that it was a gift to one of our daughters but it turns out that she is glued to her Apple watch 🙁

Times gone by I would have been happy to hold on to it but expect it in the sales soon.

 
Posts
909
Likes
1,724
Stunning selection of watches here the past few days. Another Omega Genève - I think this may be known as an Admiral due to the anchor and I’m also not sure why it has the crown guard…. no doubt the answers are on the forum 😀 Just need the decide on a strap and buckle!!
 
Posts
620
Likes
4,971
Hi OF. Today my Dunhill automatic. A really comfortable watch to wear due to dimension and weight
 
Posts
186
Likes
1,731
Coming up for 70 years old. My dad’s cal 283. He bought it new and wore it almost daily (hence the scratches and marks)
 
Posts
2,535
Likes
19,779
Last rays of light for the day . . .



. . . switching to a GS momentarily.
 
Posts
5,309
Likes
53,964
Just back from my WM this morning.

Really was a bit too scrappy but what the heck I decided that it might be worth it.
The case is almost totally devoid of it original gold plate but the dial looked like it might be good so gave it a chance.

As is now, its serviced and repaired and also some before shots.

New glass, new pallet stone, replacement stem, crown and tube (genuine Enicar ones) and a full service.

Maybe will have to go on my growing list of cases that could be replated, will let it be a while before I make that decision. The strap does it no favours, on the wrist the watch itself doesn't look bad as you would be hard pushed to notice that it is actually gold plated at all, these photos actually accentuate the plating either that or the eye is fooled into not noticing it.

Edited:
 
Posts
3,206
Likes
41,522
Stunning selection of watches here the past few days. Another Omega Genève - I think this may be known as an Admiral due to the anchor and I’m also not sure why it has the crown guard…. no doubt the answers are on the forum 😀 Just need the decide on a strap and buckle!!
That’s a beautiful example……
 
Posts
1,351
Likes
5,992
I got this one back from the watchmaker tonight at the local RedBar meeting. Very happy to have it back where it belongs. 👍

 
Posts
5,429
Likes
82,012
An alarming citizen for the evening..


Morning coffee, I am rather partial to blue dials..
 
Posts
9,238
Likes
76,960
I haven’t worn this recently and had forgotten just how light and comfortable (and reliable) this Genève is

 
Posts
1,389
Likes
11,434
I still think these Tudor chronos are under appreciated by the wider market…