WRUW Today?

Posts
10,068
Likes
57,380
Switched over to my 1965 166.003 for the evening. Just put a new strap from Rios1931 on it today - compliments the watch pretty nicely I think. The old Omega strap was a goner, but I kept the original Omega buckle and installed it on the new strap. Very happy with the result.
 
Posts
795
Likes
1,159
Omega that neads a new secondhand.
...

IMHO, that's the case I would have liked on the new Omega Chronoscope.

Congrats. That's a lovely watch indeed.
 
Posts
35,654
Likes
39,900
This one is for @dsio 😉
Mate that will look great on you while you’re driving down the street wearing a fedora hat in your Volvo with those sandals on
 
Posts
2,541
Likes
19,779
Hollywood Beach earlier today.



There was a bagpipe band playing fifty yards away.
 
Posts
795
Likes
1,159
Mate that will look great on you while you’re driving down the street wearing a fedora hat in your Volvo with those sandals on

I'm not sure what a Fedora hat, a Volvo, a pair of beach sandals and a Bund strap have anything in common. ... 😲
 
Posts
15,942
Likes
47,861
No time to wear this one today, since I have just this evening, completed a thorough service, having taken place in sketches and S matches, over two days. But I’ll wear it tomorrow (Saturday).

Details- Dial marked Stewart Dawson, Liverpool. Case is hallmarked Birmingham (England), case makers trade mark S D & Co. (Stewart Dawson & Co.), date letter for 1885-86. Sterling silver. Case S# 124238. Single sunk vitreous enamel dial was dirty, now clean, and is in excellent condition. It was missing a glass, hour hand, and seconds hand. Movement marked Stewart Dawson, Liverpool, s#124238. Loomes lists Dawson in business in Liverpool, 1878-1888. Movement is a gilt 3/4 plate design, key wind, key set, English lever escapement, 14,400 bph, appears to have 15 ruby jewels.

I offered this watch for free on the pocket watch forum to anyone who’d pay the postage. No takers! So I have conditioned it, replaced the mainspring, fabricated a replacement cannon pinion, put on a pair of hands (not period correct, I know), put on a NOS glass watch crystal. No longer available for free, by the way. 😁

 
Posts
3,894
Likes
23,285
Mate that will look great on you while you’re driving down the street wearing a fedora hat in your Volvo with those sandals on
😁😁😁
I'll need to sell a few watches to get the Volvo!
 
Posts
293
Likes
2,011
Hollywood Beach earlier today.



There was a bagpipe band playing fifty yards away.

Beautiful blue sky, view of the Channel Islands, 80+F, a GEORGOUS Dornbluth and bagpipes playing.... I suppose just missing the kilt and haggis. What an envious day.
 
Posts
9,251
Likes
77,031
🥰 165.003 - I used to look in the windows of Austin Kaye and wish I could afford one of these


 
Posts
17,419
Likes
164,768
Saturday morning in Scotland and the sun is actually shining 😀