WRUW Today?

Posts
2,399
Likes
4,474
LouS got me in the mood for this.

20121113_104527_zps4811ae84.jpg

20121113_101900-1_zps34477f5a.jpg
 
Posts
17,419
Likes
164,768
As naked as a jaybird, and a bigger cut !
file-82.jpg

A wrist in waiting - courier promised tomorrow 🥱
Doh and double Doh, just found out customs have got there sticky fingers on my package !!!
 
Posts
35,654
Likes
39,900
ref. 6605 (9K) today (old pic).

IMG_8465.jpg
I had no idea they made DJs in 9K back in the day, I thought the bubblebacks were the end of that! The dial and its patina, extending to the date wheel are quite nice too, really goes with the gold.
 
Posts
15,046
Likes
24,049
only for a little while today, so I don't forget I have it, as I find it a little small. Although it is made of Ashely's favorite metal. 😁
 
Posts
3,850
Likes
27,369
Gorgeous Piping Rock, Steve! Do you really find it too small? Despite the the round shape and 28mm diameter, I think with the extended lugs it wears larger than some other of the era, e.g. the Cushion, Barrel, Palisade, or Spur, et al.
 
Posts
3,850
Likes
27,369
I had no idea they made DJs in 9K back in the day, I thought the bubblebacks were the end of that! The dial and its patina, extending to the date wheel are quite nice too, really goes with the gold.

Thanks. Yes, I too was surprised to find it in 9K, and it's a Swiss case:

Rolex66059Kf.jpg
 
Posts
35,654
Likes
39,900
Even more interesting, when you think 9K cased Rolex you usually think of Dennison in the UK or something. Cool piece!