WRUW Today?

Posts
788
Likes
7,329
Had a small GTG with @ChuckMK23 today at Hooters...modern Speedy Gonzales Moonwatch again for today [third day in a row]...still testing the replacement Velcro hooks on the Omega replica NASA strap...the Velcro adhesive backing continues to remain secure...even at Hooters! 👍


@Mad Dog no proof that you were at Hooters?! Pics...or it didn't happen....🍿
 
Posts
4,880
Likes
24,824
Repping my team. We’re not great, but at least we’re not the worst.

 
Posts
758
Likes
6,610
Hey All, I haven't posted in quite some time. Been busy with life and the change of season to summer here in the northeastern U.S. My daughter and I went yard saling today, on her first Friday off since school release, and although I didn't find this at a yard sale, a gentleman having one, after finding out I was looking for watches pointed me to a very posh and immaculate antique shop just down the road. He had 2 full cases of vintage watches. He told me the vendor checks out and has all his watches serviced if needed. I know, I know......but he seemed trustworthy and was dressed well, so I think I believe him. He also told me he had had this vendor in his shop for 5 yrs and never had a watch returned. So, at just under $220, tax included I jumped on this little beauty. It may be a bit loud for me, but I may have just found my blue jeans and blue tee shirt watch. The time elapsed you see is for my 2 mile walk this late afternoon. Yup, I am still working at losing weight. I have broken 200 since my last post and am down to 198 from 216. I will be interested in hearing what others think of the watch, there is some brassing, only the back is SS, but I think it is evident from the brushing on the front of the case, it has not been polished. I think that is something in it's favor. Inside is a Valjoux 7734 movement. Thanks for reading!!

View attachment 581706

Edited:
 
Posts
6,705
Likes
79,970
Phor today, it’s phather/daughter phlieger phamily Phriday with phather/daughter built ETA 6497-1 movements...

 
Posts
1,709
Likes
5,705
Sea Wolf "Casual Friday." Photos taken over the wretched bell peppers which bear rich foliage but no peppers.


DIBS!
 
Posts
1,709
Likes
5,705
Poor man´s Submariner today. Have a great weekend guys👍


Is that the 79090 or 75090? Either way, DEFINITELY not the poor man’s Rolex anymore (although I don’t think they ever were) - check out current prices. They’re going sky high!
 
Posts
763
Likes
10,296
Mrs.1128 is in NYC for a few days of work and this morning she sent me a wrist shot with the caption, "As timeless as Manhattan". 18K solid gold Rolex Cellini - circa ~1980...too good to not share!

Edited:
 
Posts
2,256
Likes
32,610
1966 Enicar Sherpa Super-Dive. Pure patina perfection!
7XEbLWv.jpg
 
Posts
1,441
Likes
11,971
today

"today" is not a great post as we expect a watchpic in addition to your post
I would be very happy to see your pics and information about your watch on this great Forum.
Best Hajo