WRUW Today?

Posts
1,632
Likes
14,551
IMG_20160916_075329_zps28ce34vo.jpg

One of maybe 5 known Eberhard Contodats in steel. 1950's, In house movement, roulette date, chamfered lugs, 38mm... What not to love?

Dibs! 🥰🥰
 
Posts
15,046
Likes
24,049
I have been wearing the orange PO for the last two weeks on vacation, but as we are home and this is,
Zenith Friday, a return to Mango mango,
275353-6b1361b0667f1f63c59eaacbec744d1c.jpg
 
Posts
1,869
Likes
5,443
Bought it an hour ago, still under the shock....



I am going to raise a family of gold and steel Eternamatic chronometre !

 
Posts
3,267
Likes
36,446
Somehow reached for this 14700 today

attachment.php

Calibre 552, I confess to fitting the bracelet 😀

attachment.php
 
Posts
5,595
Likes
54,761
Decided to start our Middle East vacation [is that slightly oxymoronic?] with a walk up Mt. Masada on the edge of the Dead Sea. It's a bit of a stiff walk, especially when the temperature is 36 degC (97 degF) in the shade: 350m (1,150ft) elevation gain in 1.5 km (1 mi.).



A hard walk in the hills is what this watch was made for



View from the top showing 2,000 year old fortifications built by Jewish rebels, the Dead Sea, and the Kingdom of Jordan in the distance.

Edited:
 
Posts
4,643
Likes
31,245
Harvel today.
27A9F700-30C1-46E3-961C-52ED536025A8_zpszjbfgrmg.jpg
 
Posts
7,293
Likes
76,612
Bought it an hour ago, still under the shock....



I am going to raise a family of gold and steel Eternamatic chronometre !

Congrats! Funky-cool 3-6-9 markers!! 😎

They are great watches... Here's mine:

 
Posts
4,643
Likes
31,245
IMG_20160916_075329_zps28ce34vo.jpg

One of maybe 5 known Eberhard Contodats in steel. 1950's, In house movement, roulette date, chamfered lugs, 38mm... What not to love?

Second dibs. Nothing not to love. Some might quibble with the description of the movement as "in-house;" as I understand it, the movement was developed by Dépraz, an interesting but unheralded company still going strong in the horological shadows ( http://www.europastar.com/magazine/features/1004084276-110-years-of-dubois-depraz.html ), exclusively for Eberhard. But I am not one of those quibblers. 😉
 
Posts
4,440
Likes
18,267
Evening session with daughter doing Handball practice in the local sports arena. Not the best lighting.
Minerva ref 1335 cal 13-20CH with decimal dial. HAGWE!