WRUW Today?

Posts
3,850
Likes
27,369
Glad to have this back after some months at the watchmaker's...
Edited:
 
Posts
8,743
Likes
69,527
View attachment 277911
Beautiful. Don't recall seeing this one before?
It has been a while since it made the rotation. I've been thinking it is time to trim down a bit.

This evening, back to some color...

 
Posts
913
Likes
8,053
This still.
A bit sharper photo than earlier.
I'm enjoying it on the bracelet.
 
Posts
3,850
Likes
27,369
The 5022 Oyster (late '40s) was not the only one back from my watchmaker's, where it languished for a couple of months. Also this 3116 Viceroy (from 1938). The Viceroy is a hot pink and the 5022 is more a rose, but looks almost as pink in this light.

I also had to have him adjust and tighten the hands on this Meadowbrook from the late '20s, which I'm wearing as I type. One of my favorite Hamilton designs (okay, probably my favorite).
 
Posts
3,144
Likes
23,990
2f262b9a94f364881d510155abb35391.jpg

By the way guys, what do you call the kind of bezel this one has?
 
Posts
3,144
Likes
23,990
Thunderbird!

Really?! What a cool term. Any idea why it's called such?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Posts
2,671
Likes
24,911
Really?! What a cool term. Any idea why it's called such?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From Rolex turn-o-graph thunderbird
 
Posts
3,144
Likes
23,990
From Rolex turn-o-graph thunderbird

Got it! Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Posts
389
Likes
1,021
spacey theme today...

...and still puzzled by this whole "better harmony" for photos at "ten-to-two" business as mentioned previously 😗





And I think its official, after donning the Citizen with the slide-rule the other day with its plethora of sub-dials and digital stuff, I think this is my least readable watch!

The combo of 24-hour AND all the other info makes at-a-glance reading just impossible.

Might be great for thos necessary calculations in-orbit, but what time is it?

Meh, it is still one of my favourites 😜
 
Posts
54
Likes
156
Fresh out of a full service, my creamy gold bumper, she glows! Have a great weekend guys.