WRUW Today?

Posts
536
Likes
3,178
I always liked this watch but I could never really warm up to the stainless bezel. I put it on mesh today and I'm in love.
d9c2fac59c034e5707e95d72713f9331.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Posts
5,666
Likes
136,866
Appox 140 WRUWs to catch up on since Friday. Translation: quite manageable! 😁 🤨

My modest contribution for what was a beautiful summer day here... 😀
 
Posts
3,146
Likes
23,995
Longines Munch today
583e648d4b3bd400f215462bb59796e5.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Posts
439
Likes
1,859
The hands arrived, it will go to the watch dude this week

I am so nervous to see the result.👍👍👍👍
 
Posts
358
Likes
1,045
I'd say my best self-made ammo strap so far:



vg7r5u.jpg


rw6gdx.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Posts
2,617
Likes
5,606


Nice!! You just made me an extra happy guy.

I won an auction the other day on a very similar (yours is nicer) Sinn 7751. I like the lugs on your watch / the one Im supposed to be getting is a little more bog standard.

...original strap and in my experience this is a generally good predictor that the watch will be in good condition, which it appears to be.

My plan is fit a nice NATO on the watch and use it as my daily for the sumner. These "grand" complications are a pleasure when kept running...

https://omegaforums.net/threads/and-what-did-you-buy-today.8930/page-324#post-479690

Beg pardon: do you have an idea in your head for FMV (fair mkt $) for these watches? This will be my first Sinn and I plan on keeping it. I think I did OK but I'm not loaded like most of these guys around here...
Edited:
 
Posts
2,617
Likes
5,606
I'd say my best self-made ammo strap so far:



vg7r5u.jpg


rw6gdx.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful! Do you ever "fix" the keeper?
 
Posts
358
Likes
1,045
Beautiful! Do you ever "fix" the keeper?

Since I have such slender wrists - the reason I made those straps for myself - I only have one keeper, which is fixed.
I could add a floating keeper too, but I find it unecessary, since the tail of the strap does not show on the other side.
 
Posts
2,617
Likes
5,606


Soooo nice. Very rich, warm color.

I use the same "trick" with custom straps -which is to go like +.075mm more than the lug width (only if seems appropriate for the watch head). Very subjective and not scientific !! Lulzz
 
Posts
2,617
Likes
5,606
Witt Diver. Loving the lume.


Very nice! It seems like enthusiasts are getting enthusiastic for Wittnauer and rightfully so. They made a lot of nice watches.

Their old sales slogan was something approximating - "Wittnauer. Your watchmakers watch!"