WRUW Today?

Posts
15,924
Likes
47,785
I’ve worn my Speedmaster 345.0808 for 9 days straight. There is a limit to how long I can tolerate not having a calendar. Today was my limit. So the Speedmaster is out, and one of my Bulova Accutron model 218s is out of storage and back on my wrist. I don’t have either an Apple Watch or a Smart phone. Call me a troglodyte if you wish. This one is from 1967, so 58 years old, and running fine.

Edited:
 
Posts
15,924
Likes
47,785
CPKC locomotive 2816, recently completed a round trip from Calgary to Mexico City, return. A 5,600 mile trip, no major problems!

Waltham 1892, Canadian Pacific Railway, 18-size, older than 2816, but like 2816, still operating
The eighteenth day, and 18 seconds fast since last re-set. This 107 year old Waltham amazes me. Fast and slow, it has run within a 5 second range over the last week or so.
 
Posts
998
Likes
1,814
Two day work trial was a success.
Bus stop on my way to start day three; officially employed.
Garmin Instinct with a solar function that doesn't seem to work.
 
Posts
10,995
Likes
54,828
Two day work trial was a success.
Bus stop on my way to start day three; officially employed.
Garmin Instinct with a solar function that doesn't seem to work.
Eh sorry about the employed thing it sucks but someday we will get a break
 
Posts
10,995
Likes
54,828
Have I ever dibs this? 😀
I have dibs (right of first refusal) on all alphas watches, I think I did a general OF dibs thing but no one paid me much mind
 
Posts
4,006
Likes
44,932
I have dibs (right of first refusal) on all alphas watches, I think I did a general OF dibs thing but no one paid me much mind
Yeah, those things expire I'm afraid 😁
 
Posts
730
Likes
1,732
This is not my watch but just something cool posted today from my local watchmaker, OBR Horology. It didn't seem worth its own thread so I figured the WRUW daily would suffice:



"Omega speedy 1969! Ref 145.022. What makes this special is that it still has the flat link bracelet and the bezel is the original one. Omega back in the day made a production mistake and put 220 on the bezel instead of 200. Not too many of these around.

Customer didn't realise that it was a little different and something people like to collect."