WRUW Today?

Posts
2,661
Likes
47,964
Just got this thing. First thing I did when I got home was change the strap to a Forstner one. And I added a calendar, cuz why not.
Let us know how the case handles the end links... I play it safe so long 😂
 
Posts
1,115
Likes
7,340
Newly acquired grail, 1st issue Superman, out in the wild for the first time. Brought me luck in finding this 90s Americana at a car boot sale in south London.



 
Posts
1,387
Likes
14,429
If you look pst the glare on the crystal you can see the reflections of the blued hands.
 
Posts
954
Likes
11,349
Gifted to me by my father… Who inherited it from an uncle upon passing… A new crystal and a tune up make it a nice little watch… Cool patina. Not sure on the age but assume 50s...I know I purchased those 17 mm HODINKEE clearance straps for a reason!
 
Posts
7,074
Likes
56,670
Gifted to me by my father… Who inherited it from an uncle upon passing… A new crystal and a tune up make it a nice little watch… Cool patina. Not sure on the age but assume 50s...I know I purchased those 17 mm HODINKEE clearance straps for a reason!

Not usually into heavy or weird hued patina, but that watch from the era in which it was produced, with that particular patina, sporting that strap you chose for it, and with the family history connection makes for a nice, appealing package.