WRUW Today?

Posts
15,924
Likes
47,785
After a couple weeks of wearing Speedmasters, it was time for a change to a favourite which doesn’t get enough exposure. I acquired a box of Accutron parts from a (now deceased) guy who fancied himself a watchmaker. He never learned that you’re not a watchmaker until after you can take ‘em to pieces, re-assemble them, and make ‘em run! This Spaceview was built out of parts out of that box. All genuine Accutron. Donor case back says 1966, but I can only guess that might be close to its age.

 
Posts
1,387
Likes
14,429
After a couple weeks of wearing Speedmasters, it was time for a change to a favourite which doesn’t get enough exposure. I acquired a box of Accutron parts from a (now deceased) guy who fancied himself a watchmaker. He never learned that you’re not a watchmaker until after you can take ‘em to pieces, re-assemble them, and make ‘em run! This Spaceview was built out of parts out of that box. All genuine Accutron. Donor case back says 1966, but I can only guess that might be close to its age.

It's the "make 'em run" part that's the trick!
 
Posts
3,429
Likes
35,050
Good day all.


I’ve had the privilege of handling both pieces in this great photo.
 
Posts
182
Likes
1,906
I decided to see if I could hand carve something useful out of wood. I present, 'a spoon'.
 
Posts
123
Likes
1,550
Just got this thing. First thing I did when I got home was change the strap to a Forstner one. And I added a calendar, cuz why not.