WRUW Today?

What a beautiful sharkfin case, congratulations!

Wishing you all a great week-end - I'll be wearing my Longines Ultra-Chron ref. 8455, sold in Hong Kong in 1973.

Longines Ultra-Chron 8455 wristshot 06.jpg

I’m a fan of Longines generally and Ultra Chrons in particular (as well as Admirals and Conquests). I’m always impressed by the dials which, for fifty year old watches, always look pristine

Like 2
I’m a fan of Longines generally and Ultra Chrons in particular (as well as Admirals and Conquests). I’m always impressed by the dials which, for fifty year old watches, always look pristine

I always enjoy seeing yours :-)

For me, it's the Ultra-Chrons that are my favorites, they were technically so impressive for their time ... the 431 was the last mechanical movement to be on par with a newer technology (the Bulova Accutrons, which were accurate to +/- 2s/d) when it was introduced in 1967. Sure, it was a brief moment in the sun, before Quartz movements came up, but still...

A new Ultra-Chron was guaranteed to be accurate to one minute a month. That's more finely regulated than basically anything else in its time, an IWC was between +0 to +5 secs a day, a Grand Seiko Special (6155/6156) was +/- 3s/d ... (Okay, the VFA 6180 would have been even more finely tuned than that, but this is hardly a watch you would just walk into a store and buy.) The Ultra-Chrons had beautiful movements, as well. I'll add a shot below of the 6651 movement that is in the watch I'm wearing today.

Now, if there were more non-date Ultra-Chron versions about ... and if the movement had hacking (which is my only "major" complaint, more of a niggle, really).

detail_movement01.jpg

Like 11
I haven’t been here in awhile.

The last two days have seemed like time stood still :unsure:.

Wore this one as my mom had her last breath on Tuesday. She lived a long and beautiful life.

IMG_5796.jpeg.
Always tough, may she rest in peace

Like 5
Been wearing my mini bond happily and without notice as usually until two people at work called it out as an omega. I was kinda shocked I don’t wear watches for attention. My collection is still out of reach so I have few options but I became a bit flummoxed and tried to explain it’s just a midsize model nothing really special I don’t know why I get like that
image.jpg image.jpg

Like 21
Bulova Astronaut with the fabulous Accutron movement.
IMG_9454.jpeg

Like 21