WRUW Today?

Railroad grade rock 'n roll!

It's a big 'un!

The fairly recently acquired 18size 19-jewel 1908 vintage Hamilton 944 gets the call for Thursday watch wear on the Duracuir1 leather chain strap. May even mow the lawn with it in a little while!

And it’s not even Tuesday!

Sumo you might be wondering how this watch wears, given its large case diameter (45mm) 😀

And the answer for me, mister narrow boney-wrist, is that it wears much smaller than one would expect. Yet the large size yields all the expected benefit with respect to legibility. If you're considering this model, I'd say embrace it! (If you dare)

Image credit: Wikipedia Commons
Edited:

Time to park the Speedmaster after a 17 day trial (18 seconds fast, so pretty good I’d say), and to continue the long term test on my Rolex Oyster Date-Just which I have worn continually since March 11 (94 days, 57 seconds fast, also pretty good). So today I will don my mid-50s Gruen Precision self winder with a German made Durowe, 23-jewel movement in it. Durowe was bought by U S Time (Timex) in the late 1950s because Timex wanted into the battery watch business, and Durowe was making an excellent battery watch at that time. Better than Hamilton IMO. Early Timex Electrics were marked TIMEX, but the movement was a Durowe model.

The one that really seeded my obsession…

… followed by all of the great posts on this very forum 10 years ago!
Edited: