WRUW Today?

Posts
5,595
Likes
54,761
Congratulations and best wishes to you and your family!!! And I love your watch - 1957 was a great year for many things, science advancement being only one.👍

Thanks!
 
Posts
9,264
Likes
77,214
I don’t want to start a new thread to ask the question but does this Baltic have both cross hairs and a sector dial within the general terms on OF?

 
Posts
7,092
Likes
57,000
I don’t want to start a new thread to ask the question but does this Baltic have both cross hairs and a sector dial within the general terms on OF?


Is that a "sort a' sector" dial with crosshairs?

Whatever, it has a pleasing classic vibe that is appealing. The two tone black and charcoal helps too.
 
Posts
15,953
Likes
47,920
One of two, today. In 1969, I worked for a chain jewellery store that carried Bulova Accutron. In 1969, I sold this watch to its original owner. That’s 55 years ago! After 1969, I was transferred away, and we lost touch. In 1971, I was transferred back, and was managing one of the chain’s stores in the mall where his wife worked. They followed me. In 1980, I was promoted to manager of a different local store. They followed me. I left that firm in 1990. They followed me. In about 2005, his wife had died, and he took up residency in a senior’s care home. He phoned me one day, and asked me to visit him. During the visit, he gave me the Accutron I’d sold him way back then. I don’t wear it much as the gold filled case has corrosion problems. It’s a style of Accutron I have always liked.