WRUW Today?

One of two, today. My Rolex Date-Just being one. This is the other one. Circa early 1970s, I guess. Omega F300, gold filled case, bison leather strap. Came to me with the plastic date ring broken, so for years, I didn’t use it. Then, a board member from Mannheim, Germany, listed the part on eBay. Voila! Now I can wear it.

IMG_1897.jpeg

Super cool! Would you mind writing about your impressions of the F77 sometime? I’d seen their recent re-release, and had been tempted to purchase one. They seem like a nice, integrated daily option. Congrats!

Well,once forgot RO, you find this F77 brilliant in its own way. (who wants RO nowadays anyway,the jumbo wears like 42mm.:D Not to mention that price range!)

Anyway,this wears and looks more casual and comfortable due to its 37mm case and slim bezel,the well executed flat link bracelet is appropriate.
Love the dial texture,baton marks and hands,applied shell logo and the font of F77. They’re all true to the ‘70s,bringing back that funky spirit.

The buckle is OK I guess.
Only,the lug to lug distance might be an issue to small wrists,there’s not too much curve underneath due to the hidden thickness of the case.
And,the domed sapphire leaves a trail of thick ring in between the dial and bezel,at some points.

It’s a fun watch!

Omega forum Omega watch :D

IMG_7221.jpeg

Good day all. 1958 Seachero 2990 and a hot cup of coffee for a very chilly morning - with our first frost - here in the Mid-Atlantic region of the U.S.
IMG_5752.jpeg
Edited: