WRUW Today?

Posts
236
Likes
2,038
This is the first automatic watch I ever bought... had no idea about anything watch related, but liked that it used a spring and not a battery for power. Very rarely gets worn anymore, but sometimes I feel the need to put it on and appreciate the thing that started a bit of an obsession.
 
Posts
7,086
Likes
56,868

Rain again this morning.

We're going to turn into toadstools, but the rain is so welcome after the intense heat a drought of July-September.
 
Posts
425
Likes
6,245
Thought I'd see what my BB58 with a 16800 insert would look like
This is interesting! a sesame door is opened.::stirthepot::
 
Posts
6,703
Likes
79,942
Prephlighting for phife [phive] days of phabulous phliegering…my phirst Speedy which is a 1861…

 
Posts
4,878
Likes
24,824
Doesn’t quite capture it but one of my favorite angles of the Speedy.
I love how the domed crystal distorts the light and dial.

 
Posts
5,595
Likes
54,761
Doesn’t quite capture it but one of my favorite angles of the Speedy.
I love how the domed crystal distorts the light and dial.


Agreed, it's all about the dome!
 
Posts
5,595
Likes
54,761
A Thursday throwback with an endearing oddity from 1998: a dial marked for tritium, but lit by Luminova

 
Posts
1,903
Likes
24,946
0Sor4xW.jpg
 
Posts
620
Likes
4,971
My NA today😀 Got it on an auction where nobody wanted it. So the price was quite decent😎 Original crystal, brushing and no hampering as far as I know with the movement. I gave the crystal a polish with Polywatch and it really comes to life.
 
Posts
1,957
Likes
25,760
Cortebert made for the Turkish rail system today, gifted to me by an OF member who has become a friend over the years of sharing our passion for watches. Cheers!