WRUW Today?

Posts
6,710
Likes
80,015
Q: What do you call a Mustang Boss 302 that’s not yours?

A: Nacho Mustang Boss 302.



Anyway…grateful to have a 145.022-71 on a @ChuckMK23 Mt. Baker band…

 
Posts
11,013
Likes
55,036
I got a good deal on this two years ago I thought it would be good to flip in order to pick up something nicer. Two years later still have it, just can’t get the flipper thing down.
 
Posts
5,670
Likes
136,979
Wearing a watch I was lucky enough to acquire from Tom Dick, about 8 years ago.
He was an enthusiastic fan of these models. I believe he authored most of the Wikipedia article titled "Omega Marine Chronometer."


Tom had a faithful reproduction made of the certificate holder that came with these special watches. He provided me with this one.


And of course inside is the duplicate marine chronometer certificate he had obtained from the Besancon institute...for this specific watch.

I'm very sorry to hear of Tom's passing. He will be missed.
 
Posts
5,327
Likes
54,225
Still admiring this beauty for a short while before it goes back in the box and I slip into a more worn watch for the day.


 
Posts
15,952
Likes
47,917
I’ve had a busy ten days. A two day railroad standard pocket watch, wrist watch, and railroad standard wall clock exhibition last week end. A four day camping trip this week (last of the season), back from that on Friday. Today, our old time music combo performed in 80° temperatures at a fall agricultural fair north of here. I am bushed! I thought I’d treat myself to an old favourite. My steel and 18-karat rose gold Speedmaster reduced. 35 years old, looks and runs like new. Love it!