Would you trust this watch to be water tight still?

I sorta understand, but G-shocks are still active-issue. I guess if you don't want to look like a kid and you are also trying to avoid anything that may look like military or gun culture... but then, it seems both Seamasters and Rolex also fall into that category...?
I don't think we should confuse use in the military for being a cool watch or making it something people want to wear. I am sure the G-Shock is exactly what the military needs for durability, functionality, and cost, but it still feels like a child's watch with all the rubber and plastic. The only one I would MAYBE wear in public is a Casioak modded one, but then you are getting into cheesy knock off territory.

I did not know Sheiben was an authorized service center, but I was in there actually a few weeks ago looking at the new Seamaster, which is what prompted me to buy this old Seamaster, so I do know of them. They are not listed on the Omega site as a service center, and the closest authorized location there was listed 120 miles away. I will give Sheiben a call.

I will definitely be getting this serviced and upgrade it from beater status to regular use 😀 All in the watch will still cost about what watchcharts actually values the watch at, so now it will just be a nice watch I am not afraid to take in the water, but it will probably end up being worn more often too if it is going to be all polished up and looking good so that's a nice benefit.

An “authorized service center” that Omega lists on their web-site are only the Swatch service center and boutiques that can perform warranty work. There are two certified watchmakers in my area I know of (Tampa Bay) and neither are listed.