Would this put you off buying a watch?

Posts
752
Likes
1,314
Would these images of the sellers squeezing the rotor put you off buying a watch?

TBH I can’t believe they thought this was a good idea.

I’m assuming the rotor is too delicate to be squeezed like that without causing issues, either directly damaging it, or upsetting its balance and causing issues over time with use? Not to mention the effect of oils from their skin on the metal.


 
Posts
3,454
Likes
35,233
Hiding the serial number? If I really wanted the watch I would get it (but I don’t).

No white gloves? The white gloves may put me off…

White gloves = Slimy guy who calls you “Boss”.
 
Posts
73
Likes
128
Yeah, it seems like they had something to hide there.... Nowadays there are other ways to do so...
 
Posts
517
Likes
825
Would these images of the sellers squeezing the rotor put you off buying a watch?

TBH I can’t believe they thought this was a good idea.

I’m assuming the rotor is too delicate to be squeezed like that without causing issues, either directly damaging it, or upsetting its balance and causing issues over time with use? Not to mention the effect of oils from their skin on the metal.


I'm not suggesting it is a good idea, but the chance of this causing significant damage has to be very slim. And as always, the consideration of buying would depend on price.