Forums Latest Members
  1. sheepdoll Jul 28, 2022

I have been browsing through the forums and I keep seeing references to the American casemaker Ross. I think some of my watches were cased by this company. The saffette (650) may be a Ross case.

Are there any guides to Ross or other american case numbers? I had a ladies watch with a really crappy case and the marking on the outside. The movment however seemed genuine. I took it with me when we went to the factory and to my surprise the Museum wanted it. (So I gifted it to them -- a story in its own right.)

I have been going through my watch cases. Seems I have quite a few empty watch cases. Most are not Omega or derivitives. Since I got some new tools today (finally.) I thought I would open up my wristwatches and write down the case numbers. I seem to have 8 seamasters and two constellation. There are also a number of older watches.

One a seamaster De Ville is marked Ross inside the case. There is another thread inquiring about a similar watch.
    IMG_3292.png
    here are the case markings
    KL6292 1284325
    the movement is a 550 with a 28xxxxx serial number.
    Since I had the case open I thought it might be nice to show it off.

IMG_3290.png

And the dial without the crystal:

IMG_3291.png

I have a similar cased watch which seems to have swiss case numbering

IMG_3296.png
    14750 61 SC
    caliber 600 and 18xxxxx serial numer.

It is interesting to compare these two. The second watch does not run may need a good cleaning. I did not think to photograph it when I had it open.

-j