Forums Latest Members

Worth keeping bracelet and band in unworn condition?

1. David911 Mar 6, 2022

I have a Seamaster 300 Spectre edition. It has hardly been off my wrist since I purchased it in 2015. I have worn it exclusively with the nato strap it came with. At the time of purchase, I also bought a second 007 nato strap.

Both the bracelet and the nato strap are stamped 007. Are these accessories also limited in availability?

I have been wondering whether I should try out the bracelet for a bit, but am somewhat concerned that it will get scratched, etc. and take away value.

The watch itself, obviously, shows wear from its 7 years on my wrist.

Thanks,

David
    IMG_0691.jpeg

image.jpeg
    Bielwatches and M'Bob like this.
  2. M'Bob Mar 6, 2022

You could try it under very constricted circumstances, so you don’t ding/scratch it, to see if you like wearing it, and then decide to keep it or sell it.

3. dstfno Mar 6, 2022

Well you obviously like the watch a lot so I assume you won't be selling it? Who cares about value then?

In any case, if you want you can have the regular clasp (without the 007 engraving) installed on your bracelet. The clasp always takes the most damage and any marks on the bracelet itself can always be polished out.

TwinPeaks, TheNew007, Syzygy and 4 others like this.
  4. jaguar11 Mar 6, 2022

Seems pointless buying it unless you want to use it.... or I guess if you don't like the bracelet then stick with the nato.

Jrcigar and chipotlefire like this.
  5. aphexafx Mar 6, 2022

Welcome to omegaforums.

I beat the hell out of my Seamaster bond bracelet daily for twelve years before it finally needed to be replaced. It was totally worth it.

As mentioned, you can replace the entire bracelet or just the clasp at any point. I don't see what's so precious about the 007 clasp, and Omega will keep stocking replacements anyway.

Jrcigar and Axel Brass like this.
  6. Donn Chambers Mar 6, 2022

Don’t know about the NATO, but you can buy a bracelet from Omega. I am wearing one on my standard 300. It’s actually cheaper than the standard bracelet!

chrisb732 likes this.
  7. Dan S Mar 6, 2022

Welcome to OmegaValueForums. :rolleyes:

8. chipotlefire Mar 6, 2022

Just wear it. I don't think minor wear would have much effect on value. I don't think somebody down the line is going to pay much of a premium so they can have an unworn bracelet.

You'll get more enjoyment than the max $100-200 it may effect.

jaguar11, dstfno and watchyouwant like this.
  9. Axel Brass Mar 11, 2022

Personally, I feel buying a used watch where the wear matches the bracelet is more desirable.

Jrcigar likes this.
  10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 11, 2022

So are you saving the bracelet for the next owner of the watch ?

I would just wear it like the watch and let it age equal to the watch.

I wouldn’t think it would make anything more valuable a well worn watch and a new bracelet.

SpikiSpikester and Dan S like this.
  11. Dan S Mar 11, 2022

Too bad he has been wearing the watch, he could have kept that in new condition also.

Jrcigar, meglos, p4ul and 3 others like this.
  12. mbp Mar 11, 2022

Have you contacted your local AD or OB to get a replacement? It'll be a nice spare to have and you don't need to walk around wearing the "007" branded one.

Jrcigar likes this.
  13. Pazzo Mar 11, 2022

Why should you be concerned about the Nato strap and bracelet when you've been wearing and enjoying your watch for the past seven years?

Stop worrying. Rotate and enjoy everything. :)

aphexafx likes this.
  14. chrisb732 Mar 12, 2022

@Donn Chambers ,
    Please tell me which bracelet are you referring to that is cheaper than the standard one. Thank you.

15. 502 to right Mar 12, 2022

Are you planning to sell the watch in the near future? If no, wear the bracelet if you want.

If you are planning to sell the watch would you be selling to an individual or a watch dealer? If selling to a watch dealer, go ahead and wear the bracelet if you want. Watch dealers will typically have the case and bracelet reconditioned as a matter of course for any newish watch.

If you are planning to sell to an individual, you might get an extra $100-$200 for the watch with a pristine bracelet. Is that worth it to not wear the bracelet?

David911 likes this.
  16. omegawatchlover Mar 12, 2022

I'm pretty sure the buyer will care more about the condition of the overall full set. Your case is going to be beat up eventually since you'll wearing the watch. It's a modern Omega, there's going to be plenty of the same NOS bracelet out there. This is not even a rare vintage Omega. Chill and wear the bracelet. Or sell it since you prefer the NATO anyways. Watches are meant to be enjoyed. Not investments.

David911 and aphexafx like this.
  17. MHBsheep Mar 13, 2022

There is going to be major difference between the watch and the bracelet. I would actually try it on the bracelet and even if it has little scratches the condition of the bracelet is going to be better than the watch itself.

David911 likes this.
  18. Donn Chambers Mar 14, 2022

the all brushed Spectre bracelet.

don’t know if it’s still the case, but when I bought mine a couple of years ago, the Spectre bracelet was $150 or so cheaper than the standard bracelet with the polished center links.

go figure.

chrisb732 likes this.
  19. nkhandekar Mar 15, 2022

If you are concerned yourself about damage to the strap and bracelet, then get something you consider dispensable, otherwise wear it and enjoy yourself.

20. David911 Mar 15, 2022

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm not selling it any time soon, but probably will trade it for my next watch in 2 - 3 years.

I guess I should just try the bracelet for a little.