Forums Latest Members

Worst pictures from sale advertisments ...

1. Passover Oct 23, 2019

Don't know if there is already a thread with scarey pictures :eek: but here is one:

[​IMG]

Dsloan likes this.
  2. Bille Oct 23, 2019

Everything in this picture is ugly - including the watch

3. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Oct 23, 2019

4. JwRosenthal Oct 23, 2019

Was that shot on Liberace’s piano?

5. Eve Oct 24, 2019

May i ask, whats wrong with it?

6. Passover Oct 24, 2019

From my point of view the watch is presented in such a poor way that it prevents people from taking a closer look at the offer

- Just my personal taste of course

7. Delbok Oct 24, 2019

Which object is for sale actually? The glass? The clock behind the granit black stone? Cannot see it properly it looks like a nice clock :)

8. Professor Oct 24, 2019

Placed a low bid on a watch that had a not too good seller's image and nothing to give a sense of scale. It was described as a man's watch but when I got it it turned out to be a tiny Kelton brand ladies watch.
    Since I had less than ten bucks in it and it was in decent shape and fairly clean I decided to keep it because I was interested in its ultra simple tiny movement.
    After it locked up tight for no apparent reason I put it aside and forgot about it. Last week I found it sitting on a shelf over my work bench.
    I had decided it wasn't worth the effort and intended to toss it in the trash. When I picked it up I'd forgotten that I'd left the two piece case back unsecured and the movement popped out and fell about a foot and a half and impacted a heavy alloy ash tray then bounced and skittered across the bench. When I picked it up and blew the ashes and dust off I found it was running strong. Using a needle I transferred a tiny amount of lube to the stem and to those pivots I could reach. After a bit of adjustment its running reliably and keeping excellent time.
    Don't know what I'll do with it, but It was fun to get it working.
    kelton 1.jpg kelton 3.jpg

Edited Oct 24, 2019
    DaveK and Walrus like this.