Worn varnish and dial cleaning

What is the general opinion on dealing with partially worn varnish. Some humidity or water got into this watch at the stem and caused the old varnish to degrade leaving this odd patina across the 1-3 o'clock section. I am not saying the patina is bad, it just looks a little off.

Do I try to remove the remaining varnish with water or just leave it as-is and dab the indicators with some Rodico and let it live with the pattern it has? PXL_20220512_193813663 (1).jpg

Thanks for the thread, didn't find that one before. Here it is cased in and direct sun - this is going to be a tough choice. PXL_20220512_213651460.jpg

water only will not affect the remaining varnish, if you want to take it off, you need to mix lemon juice and hot water. Do not rub, but you can use a light watercolor brush to push the varnish when it peels. It can work and you'll need to apply a new lacquer, but it can fail and you'll need to have it restamp.

water only will not affect the remaining varnish, if you want to take it off, you need to mix lemon juice and hot water. Do not rub, but you can use a light watercolor brush to push the varnish when it peels. It can work and you'll need to apply a new lacquer, but it can fail and you'll need to have it restamp.
I did a very small test spot with just tap water and a microfiber brush. Whatever contaminated the dark brown laquer does come off because I can see the residue on the brush and the less brown layer is exposed. Not sure what is being removed or what is left, but I am just gonna throw a strap on it and wear it as is. PXL_20220512_225505179.PORTRAIT.jpg