Forums Latest Members

SOLD Wittnauer 4000 Skin Diver

1. Thommas Feb 3, 2023

Hi OF members,

Offering this beautiful Wittnauer 4000 "Geneve" manual wind skin diver, in excellent condition.

The all stainless steel case measures 37mm excluding the crown (38mm measured across the bezel), 47mm lug-to-lug and 19.5 mm between the lugs. It is absolutely unpolished and in amazing shape, with factory brushing visible all around and and original chamfers present. There is some superficial scratching on the bottom right lug (which I've photographed very closely to fully disclose), that cannot be seen when worn on the wrist, and a few scratches on the caseback as well (all courtesy of a previous owner). Unsigned crown is correct for this reference.

The matte black dial is beautiful and free of wear, with the tritium lume on the hour plots having taken a slightly lighter patina than the hands (also fully intact), which isn't uncommon for this reference. The stainless bezel fits tightly and is also in beautiful shape, with missing lume in the 12h pip, but no scratches or dings whatsoever.

The manual movement with date complication is clean, winds very smoothly and works as indented, keeping great time. The real bonus here is the quick date function, that activates by pressing the crown in and works flawlessly, which is very seldom seen on this reference. The movement was serviced by watchmaker in March 2021 (full overhaul with a new gasket installed) and worn very sparingly since. I only have an email trail of this but can provide as needed.

It will come on a high quality tan suede strap made by Veblenist, perhaps worn a dozen times, as well as the original, full length, Wittnauer branded JB Champion mesh bracelet the watch would have been sold with back in the day! One of the steel ends that tucks the extremity of the bracelet under the lugs has broken off so it will need to be fixed, unless you don't mind it being a bit wobbly (spring bar fixtures works perfectly fine). As shown below, this watch looks great on a variety of straps.

Price: $875 OBRO, shipped Priority anywhere in the U.S. (rest of the world, upon request)
    Payment: Wire, Wise, Paypal F&F, Zelle or Venmo

References: Many on this forum (both as a buyer and seller), and a lot more as a seller on eBay— available upon request.

I'll now let the pictures do the talking...

IMG_3781.jpg IMG_3782.jpg IMG_3783.jpg IMG_3784.jpg IMG_3785.jpg IMG_3786.jpg IMG_3787.JPG IMG_3788.JPG IMG_3789.JPG IMG_3790.JPG IMG_3792.JPG IMG_3794.jpg IMG_3795.JPG IMG_3798.jpg IMG_3805.JPG IMG_3799.jpg IMG_3800.jpg IMG_3802.jpg IMG_3801.jpg IMG_3803.JPG IMG_3804.JPG IMG_0764.jpg

Edited Feb 3, 2023
  2. JwRosenthal Feb 3, 2023

Ok, now you are selling the good stuff. Is there something we should know, Thommas?

cineaste and Thommas like this.
  3. Thommas Feb 3, 2023

Let's say that I substantially upped my dive watch game and it didn't come cheap... :rolleyes:

janice&fred, DRjre086 and JwRosenthal like this.
  4. bardamu Feb 3, 2023

Wow, that's very nice! GLWS!

Thommas likes this.
  5. perenowell Feb 3, 2023

A beautiful watch for a really nice price!
    GLWS!!

Thommas likes this.
  6. Thommas Feb 4, 2023

This is now sold. Thanks OF for the space!

7. JwRosenthal Feb 4, 2023

Someone got a nice one. These are tough to find all original and not looking like crap.

8. Dr.Sascha Feb 6, 2023

Congrats to the seller and the new owner!

Thommas likes this.