Forums Latest Members
  1. durri70 Oct 7, 2019

with all the crazy prices that SS vintage watches have reached, the shortage of SS at Rolex (so promoting now SS/Gold and full gold) Do you think that full 18k gold watches will become trendy again?
    I believe that always will be a classic but makes me wonder if again people will use them as daily watch not just for special occasions. What are your thoughts
    Thanks

2. KingCrouchy Oct 7, 2019

I think like all trends, what is hot changes over time. It seems at the moment that bicolour Watches are gaining in traction. Maybe the next one are full gold ones. I prefer steel or white gold in most cases but that just my personal opinion. Wear what you like.:thumbsup:

3. wouter van wijk Oct 7, 2019

I really appreciate a full gold bracelet. you feel a bit like a pimp, it just rocks and pops out. only thing is that it attracts a really wrong kind of crowd.

4. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Oct 7, 2019

I know, all the wrong people! "Hello Big Boy, love the gold watch....."

The give-away here is this is a stock image....

[​IMG]

(Quickly glancing over my shoulder, "What are you doing? looking at watches again?" Mrs Fruit asks)

....Search History <<Delete>>

Rochete, ewand, Taybharr and 27 others like this.
  5. bubba48 Oct 8, 2019

Gold watches have never been out of style among people, only among collectors

MMMD, Caliber561, noelekal and 12 others like this.
  6. Stufflers Mom Oct 8, 2019

I don't see myself going "full gold" but this half way house has attracted a fair bit of unwanted attention when wearing it.

download AT 1.png

Rochete, Caliber561, Larry S and 4 others like this.
  7. Martin_J_N Oct 8, 2019

Always been a SS man but giving serious consideration to getting a TT watch, not sure which one, still trying to get my head around wearing a watch with gold in it. Now full gold, not sure that I am that brave to go full gold and the cost :eek:

durri70 likes this.
  8. Martin_J_N Oct 8, 2019

And this is why I am hesitant about getting a TT watch, I like the look but not necessarily the baggage that may come from wearing it, maybe a watch where the G element is more discreet is what I should look for.

Nice watch though :thumbsup:

9. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Oct 8, 2019

Fashion waxes and wanes, but what I will say is that gold watches will become much more valuable in the coming years.

Samir, durri70, COYI and 1 other person like this.
  10. KingCrouchy Oct 8, 2019

Because of their gold content or other reasons like demand for gold watches?

Samir likes this.
  11. Verdi Oct 8, 2019

When it comes to vintage watches, gold pieces were always in fashion and sought after.
    Omega, Vacheron, IWC, Rolex.....UG, Zenith whatever the brand may be.

It is true, however, that we are talking mostly dress models, in rather small sizes.
    Many people out there would never consider a dress watch, let alone a gold one, becacause they prefer sport, bigger watches. So that limits the audience of gold watches from the very start. Also, somehow, the social norm is that gold watches are for older men......I personally had no problem in wearing vintage gold watches in my 30s.....but Im a wis and never worn whatever watches were in fashion.

There are more price variations on ss vintage than there are in pm models. Gold watches steadily increased in value over the years, although not everyone fancies gold on the wrist.

Edited Oct 8, 2019
    Rochete and Samir like this.
  12. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Oct 8, 2019

Gold value. I am confident that it will rise considerably, due to continued widespread currency debasement, and Central Bank malfeasance.

Rochete, durri70, COYI and 1 other person like this.
  13. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Oct 8, 2019

Gold - check

Titanium - check

Bases covered :D

IMG_20190516_131353.jpg

14. felsby I don't see any option in settings or profile Oct 8, 2019

A quick family survey last week was conclusive: the women want gold watches!
    I am old enough to remember clothes fashion from the eighties that now again is in vogue. I am certain that gold will be more attractive for men's watches also in the future.

Rochete, Samir, durri70 and 1 other person like this.
  15. oinkitt Oct 8, 2019

Nothing wrong with a bit of bling!!!

[​IMG]

Rochete, viwa64, 0uss and 19 others like this.
  16. cristos71 Oct 8, 2019

I buy and wear what I like, not what people tell me is hip, so for some of us they never went out of fashion :)

20170704_165917.jpg

Rochete, Seaborg, Mote and 63 others like this.
  17. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Oct 8, 2019

Oh dear. I hadn’t realised they’d gone out of fashion.
    Apart from a few clunky Seiko diver beaters and a couple of Oris Pilots, my entire collection comprises starburst dials with gold, gold capped, gold plated (and a few stainless steel) 34mm watches.
    Oh well, if I’m behind the times I’ll have to live with it.

Rochete, kelsey, patrick1616 and 7 others like this.
  18. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Oct 8, 2019

Gold is never out of fashion.

Rochete, 0uss, Pun and 11 others like this.
  19. Martin_J_N Oct 8, 2019

I like gold, just not sure whether it is something that I can carry off when the watch is either full G or tt G, it’s probably a confidence thing, I have an 18k gold Longines dress watch and this is worn without issue when the occasion demands.

But wearing a tt or full gold watch casually is not something I’ve ever done, it’s always been SS.

20. M'Bob Oct 8, 2019

Sometimes, you have to just defer to the fashion icons. Would he wear anything else?

image.jpeg

Rochete, Seaborg, 0uss and 4 others like this.