Forums Latest Members

Will Omega restore factory case finish?

1. avidmark Sep 28, 2019

I have a Speedmaster that I would like cleaned up but don't want a service. Just want Omega to restore the factory finish to the case and bracelet. Does Omega do just that by itself?

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Sep 28, 2019

They will refinish the case for you. Please note this removes case material, so lugs will be thinner, etc. They do not add material and then finish to original dimensions.

3. avidmark Sep 28, 2019

Will it re-sharpen the lines? Also will they do just a refinish without doing a service?

4. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Sep 28, 2019

It would resharpen the lines. I can't answer the other part of your question. Was it recently serviced?

5. avidmark Sep 28, 2019

Just doesn't need service of the movement. Can I send it in for just a case refinish?

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 28, 2019

Not sure they have ever offered just a case refinish. I believe they once offered a "re-seal" service, which was basically replacing all the parts on the case for water resistance, and that included refinishing...to refinish properly the pushers need to be removed so that side of the case can get a proper straight grain finish applied.

Best bet is to contact them, but my guess is no they won't just do a refinish.

7. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Sep 28, 2019

The Omega web site does not indicate any type of service that does not include a movement service. As Archer said, it would be best to contact them.

There are some watchmakers on OF who refinish cases, so there are some none-Omega options.

8. avidmark Sep 28, 2019

Ok. Thanks gents!

9. padders Oooo subtitles! Sep 28, 2019

Where in the world are you? If UK then Omega Authorised set up Swiss Time Services offer exactly this, and also laser welding to fill dents which would otherswise mean too much material is removed. If not UK, can't help you.

ps a good refinish won't be cheap.

A crap one may be.

connieseamaster likes this.
  10. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Sep 28, 2019

If it's not vintage, perhaps a new case is a better choice? Not inexpensive, though.

Tom

incident57 likes this.
  11. taz101 Sep 28, 2019

I phoned and asked them the same question and was told they do a refurb of the case and bracelet at £100 per item

12. Fatcat Sep 29, 2019

Yes they do that , they call that a partial service and charge around 250$, you have to be clear at the order:

refinish or repolish writing to the service order and you are fine.

Both of them take some “material” but the refinish fit well for a case that was never or slight polished or refinished just to get the look and feel of the new keeping ( heavy scratch or dings) .

paul