Not helping....::puke:: :D

propervinyl likes this.
  2. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jul 20, 2017

::bleh:: :D

3. Madjam1966 Jul 20, 2017

Have only been on here for a couple of weeks and I can only agree. ☺

mikechi22 likes this.
  4. Llewis123 Jul 20, 2017

Yes I can only agree have not been on here long and have been given some top class info.

mikechi22 likes this.
  5. sgrossma Jul 20, 2017

I agree. I am spending more and more time on here lately. Real people with good intentions

mikechi22 likes this.
  6. mikechi22 Jul 25, 2017

It's been fascinating to participate in this forum - never done anything like this as a Gen X. Trying to explain it to my dad, I told him it must be sort of what it was like to be a Mason or an Elk back in the day! It's fun and I've learned a lot. Good people, these OF folk!

jumpingsecond and watchknut like this.
  7. perks713 Jul 25, 2017

It's been fascinating to watch these forums the last few weeks. I don't know if I've ever seen the level of trust people have in members here. The amount of knowledge this group has and the willingness to spread that knowledge is what keeps me coming back (for more hours then I'd care to admit) each day. This Tuesday morning love fest is really lifting my spirits, almost as energizing as this towering cup of coffee I'm drinking, almost.

8. KJH666 Jul 25, 2017

I have only been here a short time, but I have already been shown kindness and trust by a few members. I have been on TZ a lot longer and in that time have sent a few watches out on approval to people buying them and sent a bracelet to a guy, but would only accept payment once he confirmed that it correctly fitted his watch and that he was totally happy with it.

It is great to deal in an environment of total trust, far better than the likes of e-bay and it's associated problems.

jumpingsecond likes this.
  9. erpin9 Jul 25, 2017

Great testaments. OF is the best bar none.

10. Fattony Jul 25, 2017

Ive been a forum member for a little while now, when I began to contribute (naively) I soon learnt a lesson in humility, over the last 12 months not only have I made some great friends who will be friends for life but I have managed to get support from forum members which has helped expand my knowledge far beyond where I thought I would ever do and who have helped me drive my business forward.

The only downside is that I have also realised how sucked in I have become, but then there are far worse obsessions to have aren't there!?!

propervinyl likes this.
  11. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Jul 25, 2017

Fantastic chaps! A benevolent, horological fraternity is indeed a wonderful thing! :)
    In a world that is plagued by dishonesty this level of trust is truly heart warming. But we must maintain the vigilance that serves as a protection and maintains the reputation of the forum. Also it is a good opportunity to thank the moderators for monitoring and exposing scammers that try to infiltrate and mis-use the forum for their own dishonest advantage.

Well done to you all.:thumbsup:

sxl2004 likes this.
  12. Rasputin The Mad Monk of OF Jul 25, 2017

The key is ensuring we continue to keep this forum upstanding as the rising popularity of this hobby will likely attract more con artists masquerading as benevolent collectors.

nonuffinkbloke and ConElPueblo like this.