Forums Latest Members

New Seamaster 300M Commanders Watch LE

1. BruceTheManLee Jul 5, 2017

WOW! That watch is NOT easy on the eyes! And to produce 7007 pieces?! Yikes! I can envision this sitting in display cases for a number of years. Who in Omega approved THAT design?!

This is a huge u-turn from the nice looking Seamaster 300MC Spectre edition released back in 2015

Matty01 and BrianMcKay like this.
  2. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 5, 2017

I don't dislike the "principle " of it. Then again I recently got this

IMG_1724.JPG IMG_1726.JPG IMG_1727.JPG
  3. w.finkenstaedt Jul 5, 2017

http://jamesbond.wikia.com/wiki/James_Bond_(Daniel_Craig)

The current iteration of Bond I meant, which is what Omega references as they have a partnership with the film franchise (Danjaq, EON, et al), not the Fleming estate. As Craig's Bond was a re-boot, they had to make up a new background for him.

Edit: I also think this could be a really nice watch to mod: put a blue second hand and the normal SMP blue ceramic bezel on it and it would look amazing.

padders and Jwit like this.
  4. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Jul 5, 2017

I'm going to be the odd man out in saying that I Dont hate it. I wouldn't say no to it if it were a gift. And it was about time a Pepsi bezel anyway.

I think the Nato could be a fun summer strap for a grey dialed watch.

5. Jking something intelligent and witty... Jul 5, 2017

You don't sound bitter at all...:D

6. Jking something intelligent and witty... Jul 5, 2017

Im with you somewhat Jake. Minus the 007 second hand and change of NATO it would be a fun change of pace sporty watch to add to the collection. But that second hand destroys it for me...too kitschy in my opinion. Minus that I could get on board...but I would also need to buy about a dozen other watches with the money first before thinking about this one so that really means never.

mikechi22, micampe and Jwit like this.
  7. 67ViP Jul 5, 2017

I like the NATO strap by itself, probably look pretty good with a blue SMPc. Might have to see if my dealer can acquire one. The watch; however, is not the best color combo I've ever seen.

8. Df13 Jul 5, 2017

Yeah, the Bond thing really kills it, to me.

Aside from that, they could have made it a GMT and gone after the rare GMT Pan Am market:

[​IMG]

Seanovice, chanbar, ras47 and 3 others like this.
  9. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Jul 5, 2017

Holy crap Omega, you just had to do it.

I actually like the design somewhat but something is off; it is almost as if there is too much contrast between the dial and the bezel even though blue and white usually go together. Also the 15 min bezel colour seems off compared to the red text and seconds hand (can be the light) which makes it rather busy in terms of colour.

And then the freakin' 007 on the seconds hand :mad: I could definitely see myself trying it on (and maybe even start to like it) if it wasn't for that stupid symbol. Ruins everything.

I would rather that they had left everything as the standard version and then given it the white dial and written 'Commander' undermeath Seamaster. That would have been cool.

Close but no cigar, Omega.

chanbar and BrianMcKay like this.
  10. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Jul 5, 2017

I would rather fist myself than wear that...

So awful on so many levels...did Omega hire the lead designer from Steinhart???

11. rominvicta Jul 5, 2017

I wonder how wearable that would have been for commander Bond? Shiny that one looks.
    Not a fan of at all. Triple pass.

BrianMcKay likes this.
  12. w.finkenstaedt Jul 5, 2017

So more information via Fratello Watches and RJB: https://www.fratellowatches.com/omega-seamaster-diver-300m-commanders-watch/

The watch is to celebrate anniversaries of "You Only Live Twice” (50th anniversary), “The Spy Who Loved Me” (40th anniversary) and “Tomorrow Never Dies” (20th anniversary) specifically because he wore his dress uniform in those films.

The rotor is decorated with three gold bars as that's the Commader's rank insignia, and the red, white, and blue colors of the watch are to represent the U.K. The date disc is all blue except for the red 7.

IMG_2595.JPG

Pic cred: Fratello Watches

13. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jul 5, 2017

LOL! I think in pictures. And this brought tears to my eyes :) I guess that means no watch on wrist during fist-procedure???!

Jking, Jwit, watchknut and 1 other person like this.
  14. Traveler Jul 5, 2017

I just hope it would never come down to such a choice .....

Imagine the scene in the AD ....

"Sir, please just give it a try, I'm sure you'll like it..."

Matty01, Nitzbar, Jking and 3 others like this.
  15. BruceTheManLee Jul 5, 2017

:D

watchknut likes this.
  16. pianomankd Jul 5, 2017

If there was no 007 in the seconds hand I'd preorder one right now. Seriously. I love the color.

I think it's because it looks very colonial to me (I live in Connecticut) and it reminds me of Cape Cod, where I have a summer home. Man, I wish that 007 logo wasn't on it.

I guess I'm in the minority though...

mikechi22, maecenas and blufinz52 like this.
  17. w.finkenstaedt Jul 5, 2017

Uh... are they saying you'd like the fisting, or the watch? [emoji33]

Nitzbar and Jwit like this.
  18. Traveler Jul 5, 2017

Presumably @watchknut would not have disclosed the dire consequences of not wearing this monstrosity ....

19. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 5, 2017

Well it official James Bond is going to be an American again no Craig.

It reads USA not U.K. To me.

20. shutterlife Jul 5, 2017

How about the Yellow gold version, limited to 007 pieces. [​IMG]

Snoopsta, fskywalker, Cad290 and 2 others like this.