Why don't Omega make calendar watches?

Lately, calendar watches have caught my attention and I'm looking to add one to my collection. The usual brands come up when I search for annual or perpetual calendars (IWC, JLC, Patek, etc.). What I noticed was the lack of offerings from Omega. I search for vintage and modern offerings and the most I can find are the triple date moonphases (ie - 2471, 2473, 2606) and various Speedmasters with day/date. While those are great watches, they don't scratch the calendar itch compared to JLC's 140.2.80 or Patek's 3940 (pics below for your reference). Surely it's not because they don't have the technical know-how. They have a De Ville tourbillon on their website.

So I ask, why don't Omega make calendar watches? Are they sticking to their roots as a tool watchmaker? Is the market for calendar watches too small? Is the Swatch Group restricting Omega to only divers and chronographs?

Wild guesses welcomed.

Btw, I'm seriously considering these two watches since they're on the smaller size at 36mm (Patek) and 37mm (JLC). Let me know what you think of them as well.

Jaeger LeCoultre 140.2.80

JLC.PNG

Patek 3940J
Patek.PNG

Neither does a direct competitor, Rolex. Just market decisions. They both make an annual calendar, though.

Hard mouvement to develop to sells few watches. Omega is still a mass producer. And a lots of problems with defects and all to deal with.

Lots of pain, no gain. Easier to put a dog on a Speed dial to sell very much more 😀

Other than that fantastic JLC you have there, JLC Master Control Calendar all the way.

Edit: or the geographic in pink gold. This thing is hot.

Screenshot_20240215_233354_Gallery.jpg
Edited:

Other brands in Swatch group for complications. And that JLC is superb.

Wouldn’t want either. I want a watch to see the constantly changing time, if I don’t know what day it is it’s time to book myself into the home.

Well there is always the competition.

I must admit that the above JLC and PP don't do a lot for me though normally I love the JLC triple date moon phase.

IMG_20240216_204831.jpg

The top one refers to the year.
Thank you. Only 0425 here and I already learned something. I guess I can call it a day. 👍

The JLC is beautiful. I have never owned a perpetual calendar. Wondering how hardcore it is to adjust to correct settings!

I mentioned this model in another thread recently - Omega calls it an "annual calendar" watch although it's not exactly like the examples you showed:

Omega - Seamster Aqua Terra 150M Annual-Calendar.jpg

I love every Omega watch that I own, and I own a number of them. I own one JLC and it is objectively a better watch than all of my Omegas in every way. IMO, JLC is every bit as good as the Holy Trinity and, while not cheap, SO much less expensive than anything PP, AP and VC have to offer.
Edited:

I love every Omega watch that I own, and I own a number of them. I own one JLC and it is objecitvely a better watch than all of my Omegas in every way. IMO, JLC is every bit as good as the Holy Trinity and, while not cheap, SO much less expensive than anything PP, AP and VC have to offer.
I badly want a JLC - I've always wanted a Reverso ever since I first saw an advert for one back in 1996! But satill haven't... 🙁

But I'd really like a JLC that is more "normal". I think the unavailable sector dial would be a winner but there are others I like too.. the trouble is, none of them seem "quite" right, maybe a little too plain perhaps?

The JLC is beautiful. I have never owned a perpetual calendar. Wondering how hardcore it is to adjust to correct settings!

From my understanding, the perpetual calendar is set at the moment of purchase by a technician who is experienced in doing that, and if you EVER let it wind down and need to have it reset, the advise is to send it to the manufacturer to have it reset and not do it yourself.

This is not a movement for casual collectors.