Forums Latest Members

Why can’t I post in selling threads

1. Japanred Jul 4, 2019

ive been a member on here a couple of years now and although I don’t have loads of posts (69 I think) I cant comment on selling threads.

Anyone know why?

Thanks.

Jamgantenk likes this.
  2. Tubber Jul 4, 2019

3. Tubber Jul 4, 2019

4. MTROIS Jul 4, 2019

Not trying to be difficult... but if you have to ask this question, it means you haven't much contributed to this site... :whistling:

5. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Jul 4, 2019

Plus, no avatar.

6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 4, 2019

You can PM the seller and buy watches but... just Send a message to the seller.

7. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Jul 4, 2019

Here's a serving suggestion:

[​IMG]

8. Japanred Jul 4, 2019

Thanks Tubber I did try searching for that info as I knew it would be somewhere but couldn’t see it.

Thanks Standy. Much appreciated.

9. Japanred Jul 4, 2019

What does that matter? I’ve several Omega watches so thought I would be welcome here.

10. mmrols Jul 4, 2019

Come on. Did you really have to start a thread asking this?

11. Japanred Jul 4, 2019

Couldn’t see anything in the above link about a need for an avatar...

12. Japanred Jul 4, 2019

I couldn’t find the info using the search function. Nor could I find it when I looked at the for sale threads.

13. MTROIS Jul 4, 2019

I honestly didn't intend to make you feel unwelcome around here and I can truly sympathize with your feelings as I had not contributed much posts to this site in a while but did always read and follow discussions.
    At the same time, the Private Watch Sales section has become a lightning rod lately and longtime members frown upon people who seem to only use the site to post a sales ad... and are getting tired of people asking the very same question again and again.
    That's all.

A few samples:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/number-of-posts-before-i-can-put-a-watch-fo-sale.89587/

https://omegaforums.net/threads/how-to-post-in-the-private-sales.97836/

FlyingSnoopy likes this.
  14. Tubber Jul 4, 2019

I am sure it would be appreciated if you posted an intro and some photos of your Omega watches in a new thread.

Taddyangle, Japanred and wagudc like this.
  15. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Jul 4, 2019

Its right there...did you look in the For Sale Thread?
    Maybe the mods should add flashing lights to the sticky threads

a quick search results in literally hundreds of responses...what exactly did you search?

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 10.52.15 AM.png
    Edited Jul 4, 2019
    JamieG, efauser, Foo2rama and 2 others like this.
  16. Tubber Jul 4, 2019

Considering the amount of times this question is asked it may be worth putting "200 posts required" after the Private Watch Sales heading. Or would that just contribute to more post farming?

amiriqbal, Mark020 and Japanred like this.
  17. Martin_J_N Jul 4, 2019

Hi, I am fairly new on OF myself, but one of the things I did when I joined was look for the 'Introductions' thread, every forum has one, in addition I looked at the stickies on the various forums that I thought would be useful to me.

We all make errors when asking questions as we think that our questions has never been asked before, unfortunately it usually has.

So my suggestion would be to go to the Open Discussion forum, introduce yourself add a few pictures to show your watches before spending a bit of time perusing the forum and threads that interest you before jumping in.

Just a suggestion, it's your call.

18. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Jul 4, 2019

Its not difficult to find the answer...a search will give you multiple responses. And it's right there in ALL CAPS at the top of the For Sale sections.

19. Tubber Jul 4, 2019

It may be for you but there is some bloke sitting scratching his elbow wondering how to do a search.

20. Japanred Jul 4, 2019

I searched in the SELLER PROFILES AND REVIEWS area for 2 reasons I guess;

1) It’s the first (top) section under the “marketplace” heading. I’d expect an important sticky to be at the top of the first sub forum.
    2) “Seller Profiles” is where I expected to find the answer as the question is related to my profile.

Its been suggested that this sort of question is asked a lot which suggests an improvement could be made to the site.

Easy for you to say where it is as you know the answer I guess. Sorry if I’ve somehow offended you.