Forums Latest Members

Why are some watches not available in UK?

1. peanuts66 Oct 9, 2020

While looking at omega website I found myself on the USA version, I noticed that in the US they have a lot more model numbers to buy, as a example model number 231.10.42.21.03.003 does not appear on the UK omega website and there are more examples, is there a good reason for this? does it also mean that different models would be available only in china or Africa for example?

Peter

2. Canuck Oct 9, 2020

Depends on factors such as how current the information is from the two sources of information is that you are using for comparison. Also, there are bound to be differences in the models offered, based on the tastes of that particular demographic, and perhaps the size of the market. And I very much doubt that every on line catalog could possibly show every watch model that Omega offers. And catalogs are known to vary in the models shown, from issue to issue.

3. peanuts66 Oct 9, 2020

the differences are direct from the omega website not from shops websites

4. Bp1000 Oct 9, 2020

I’m sure that watch was available in the uk before

I’ve approached an omega boutique and asked for some fairly rare watches. In one case they managed to find 1 of only a few pieces still in inventory back in Geneva.

They were incredible in sourcing so im fairly confident that if you wanted a particular watch an OB could get it for you. City editions, Olympic, specific speed and seamaster special country editions excluded

ps omega have so many skus that they probably look at that sells more in certain marks and allocate certain skus to that markets marketing material

peanuts66 likes this.