WHO loves Certinas ?

Are you more a blue dial person or a black dial perso ?

two of my very favorites of the collection back from the watchmaker after suck looong waiting. Like 8 months or so

I love the blue for its amazing dial and slightly polished (unpolished ?) case. But the golden dauphines and indices are just amazing imo
IMG_4925.jpeg

By the way, does anyone know the part number for a correct replacement crystal for the above reference (5601-113)? My watchmaker found a generic replacement, but the profile is a bit different. The generic one has steeper sides and a larger flat area, whereas the original is more domed. I'd also be fine with a generic one that is similarly domed.

What mo

what model is that?
I don’t know. I haven’t found the model name yet. It has a manual wind movement, calibre 25-36 and dates somewhere in the mid 60s. I picked it up from a very reliable seller on eBay. It’s in nearly pristine condition.

I don’t know. I haven’t found the model name yet. It has a manual wind movement, calibre 25-36 and dates somewhere in the mid 60s. I picked it up from a very reliable seller on eBay. It’s in nearly pristine condition.

It’s stunning

Thank you, I like it too. My preference is for simple and elegant casual/dress watches from the 50s and 60s so this fits in well.

Hey what's up Certi-Nerds ?

got a Certina question.

Just won an auction a few weeks ago that included a manual black dial no date Certina ds (god know I like those) on a GF, an eterna Kontini (all original and functioning) and 3 other watches not worth mentioning.

Received the watch. The patina has turned the dial to a nice chocolate color

On the down side : The watch is not functioning and the crown is aftermarket 🙁

On the good side : the GF I bracelet is in good condition and fully linked (13+10 I think that's the max you can do)

My question is about the authenticity of the hands. The shape looks legit. For the color I'm not sure. I just looks like they spent to much time in the sun and lost all their lume for a bright white "plasticky" color. Do you guys have an opinion about this ? Original or aftermarket ?

Anyway I'll probably end up selling it as defect, but would like to know about the hands so as to be as honest as possible about it.

IMG_5026.jpeg IMG_5032.jpeg IMG_5028.jpeg IMG_5027.jpeg IMG_5025.jpeg IMG_5021.jpeg

Cheers

New arrival to the Certina collection !! (STOC coming right after that)
Never seen such a patina on a dial. It was actually pretty hard to recreate the real color on the photo

This one goes in the keeper section hehe

IMG_5168.jpeg IMG_5169.jpeg

OK, time for a STOTCC

Mainly DS and DS2 as you can see.
I love them all, though I'm probably gonna have to sell some of them for some personal and more mature (i.e boring) investment. But I do know for sure the few I'm certina of keeping

Which one's your favorite ?

tt.jpeg
Edited:

OK, time for a STOTCC

I love them all, though I'm probably gonna have to sell some of them for some personal and more mature (i.e boring) investment. But I do know for sure the few I'm certina of keeping

tt.jpeg
Some beautiful watches there. I myself am often to be found with a black dialed DS2 on my wrist.

OK, time for a STOTCC

tt.jpeg
Red DS2 - dibs, please. Although I can hear the words "...my cold, dead wrist" for some reason!
😗

Red DS2 - dibs, please. Although I can hear the words "...my cold, dead wrist" for some reason!
😗
Ahahah, you're so right unfortunately 🙄

Hi everyone,

I have a question for the Certina community.
I'm considering buying a tool called "Crystal Lift" so as to easily change the crystals from a couple of vintage certina I have.
I do have the "Press tool", but it implies removing and putting back on the crown of the watch, which is a maneuver
a little above my current watch skills 😅

After some research and questions on this very forum I've heard that it can be used only if the crystal doesn't have a tension ring.

I was wondering if anyone knew if the following models do have a rtension ring or not on the crystal
Regular Certina DS
DS2
Argonaut 220

That would be very helpfull

Thank you so much !
Edited:

I was wondering if anyone knew if the following models do have a rtension ring or not on the crystal
Regular Certina DS
DS2
Argonaut 220
As I understand, many of the DS case references take a tension ring. Maybe all of them? I have a 5601-113 in for service and watchmaker indicated that the crystal should have one.