Which Speedmaster is the best one?

The reference with the best of both worlds 145.022-68

Sexy look of the 321 with the 861 beating under the hood.

My favorite reference is the original 2998. MSNWatch's 2998-1 is by far the nicest Speedy I have ever seen:

The FOIS is also a good alternative (similar case and alpha hands):

Edited:

…good old 1861 that is tried and true. Solid back, Hesalite crystal.
The Grinch agrees with you…he really digs that good old 1861…

My favorite reference is the original 2998. MSNWatch's 2998-1 is by far the nicest Speedy I have ever seen:

oh yeah! This one every single day! 🥰

but i would choose too : a chocolate tropical 2998 with a lollipop, a blue soleil dial with long markers, a pre pro racing, a 105.012cb, a silvered light grey dial and a tropical one…
Not all are from the main line though..:

They are way too many « one and only » speedmasters 😁

In my opinion, 105.012 or 105.003 depending on your preference for straight or twisted lugs.

As a more budget friendly option any -69 to late 70’s reference.

In terms of modern, the early 2010’s 1861.

The next Speedmaster I get…

will be the best.

To paraphrase a very wealthy car collector I know who when asked which was the best Ferrari he had in his collection said…the next one.

The next Speedmaster I get…

will be the best.

To paraphrase a very wealthy car collector I know who when asked which was the best Ferrari he had in his collection said…the next one.

😁

Whatever you like on your wrist is the best for you. Every one of us has a peculiar reason to prove our liking as the best or most authentic Speedmaster watch...
It may be 321, 861, pre-moon, last one on moon, any other myriad of limited edition watches or the latest one, you can choose yours.

Very well stated...sir!

There is no wrong answer, though I’ve always been partial to the 145.022-68ST myself. I dig transitional models, and the 68ST to me is the most pleasing blend of old and new.

This may be sacrilege, but to be really honest, except for the major distinction between symmetric/straight-lug and asymmetric/twisted/lyre-lug cases, the differences are pretty subtle to the non-expert and incidental unless you are a collector.

you can’t just say we all look the same and get away with it 😉

Used to have a member who would have a field day with this thread… In remembrance …not trying to be cheeky… 😗 I’m a pre-moon fan. Bottom line …hand wound and basic.
Edited:

I'm probably going to get sphincter-plundered for this but(t)...

my vote goes for the 3861 Hesalite.

Not vintage therefore not potentially finicky with no possible surprises, killer movement, lume for days, warranty for years, arguably the best Speedmaster bracelet to date (especially if you get it with the new updated micro-adjust clasp), fantastic price ~ measured against rare, limited or in demand models, step dial, •/90, streamlined packaging/presentation... and even though @STANDY pointed out there might be issues (mine, purchased last summer, new, factory fresh, has had zero such issues ~ knock on available formica) but there might not be - and if there are they will be taken of by either your point of sale (AD or OB) or Omega dú Suisse.

I am way too fickle but if I had to, gun to temple, have a One & Done my 3861 would be it (or my 57 Seamaster, or my '57 Railie 👎).

Standing by for verbal abuse... I held the flashlight for my dad as a kid, I can take it -- bring it on.

I have to admit that I have a soft spot for the 3590.50. Caliber 861 with a hesalite crystal and the tritium on that reference tends to patinate beautifully to a pale yellow and later to a pumpkin orange that is really attractive. The 1479/812 bracelet is a winner too.
Edited:

I know, but I want to know which one you personally like the most.

Ok.
I suppose the only Speedy that i own is the best in that it was bought new at the right price and it is one of the last of the Hesalite 1861's that's still under warranty and I've put a Silver Snoopy strap on it just to cap the package off.
It quite accurate and can be serviced by a competent watchmaker with a parts account so all the bases are covered as far as I'm concerned👍
Edited:

The best Speedmaster? The one Jack Swigert timed THE 14 second burn with on Apollo 13.