Which Speedmaster is the best one?

In your opinion, which version of the Speedmaster is the best one from the main line? Hesalite versions only, no special additions, spin-offs etc. Just all the direct descendants from the original one in 1957 to today, which one is/was the best?

Whatever you like on your wrist is the best for you. Every one of us has a peculiar reason to prove our liking as the best or most authentic Speedmaster watch...
It may be 321, 861, pre-moon, last one on moon, any other myriad of limited edition watches or the latest one, you can choose yours.

You know what they say about opinions.

Whatever you like on your wrist is the best for you. Every one of us has a peculiar reason to prove our liking as the best or most authentic Speedmaster watch...
It may be 321, 861, pre-moon, last one on moon, any other myriad of limited edition watches or the latest one, you can choose yours.

I know, but I want to know which one you personally like the most.

The Moonwatch 3750…….good old 1861 that is tried and true. Solid back, Hesalite crystal.

There is a few too many issues with the 3861 at the moment.

Edited:

I know, but I want to know which one you personally like the most.
I think 1861 hesalite is the nearest to the most reasonably original Speedmaster Moonwatch IMHO.

I think my personal favourite, although I could never afford it, is the reference 105012 Speedmaster professional. I think it just has the best combination of design features. The new 3861 gets very close to it, but just misses a few minor things that bug me slightly.

1969 Straight Writing. Year of the first moon landing, tritium dial and handset, hesalite crystal, caliber 861, step dial and that straight writing case back. What else could you possibly want? It occurs to me that I may be somewhat biased. 🙄
Edited:

There is a few too many issues with the 3861 at the moment.

Curious, what are the issues?

I think my personal favourite, although I could never afford it, is the reference 105012 Speedmaster professional. I think it just has the best combination of design features. The new 3861 gets very close to it, but just misses a few minor things that bug me slightly.
I agree. Aesthetically, I like the 105.012 or earlier references. But, I do like the modern movement technology. Love the new 321 but I guess that is disqualified as a spin-off.

I believe the teething issues of the early 3861s have been addressed. You don't hear of running failures now.

I believe the teething issues of the early 3861s have been addressed. You don't hear of running failures now.

Plenty of ones with issues still. Have heard of a few lately locally that had issues and were repaired and other parts where other issue are known have been replaced also.
Yes they are working through them but doesn’t mean some of the ones that didn’t have issues to start won’t have them within the first service interval.
Do understand ones made from now on will be better than the first few batches.

I want to know which one you personally like the most.

For me the ones I like the best are my sold ones. 😁

1969 Straight Writing. Year of the first moon landing, tritium dial and handset, hesalite crystal, caliber 861, step dial and that straight writing case back. What else could you possibly want? It occurs to me that I may be somewhat biased. 🙄

1969 no writing. Year of the first moon landing, tritium dial and handset, hesalite crystal, caliber 861, step dial and that no writing case back. What else could you possibly want?

This may be sacrilege, but to be really honest, except for the major distinction between symmetric/straight-lug and asymmetric/twisted/lyre-lug cases, the differences are pretty subtle to the non-expert and incidental unless you are a collector.