Which buckle for '54 Seamaster Calendar?

I have an interesting choice to make and actually a good one!

You might recall I have a KO 2627 Seamaster Calendar from about 1954. KO means gold-capped steel case.

It is usually shown in ads with the strap you see here, but it's not for me.

Imagine my delight when I came across this vintage ad!

Clearly that is a 2627 case in the picture, regardless of its misidentification as a 2757.

Note the alligator strap! Of course the first thing I did was order a brown classic alligator strap to be made by Genteel Handmade, and it shipped today!

My decision is this... I have two Omega buckles of the period. Depending on the country the watch was sold in, either buckle could well be "correct".

One is a gold-plated buckle with the Omega symbol, a classic we all love and Omega reproduces in steel today. It is, however, slightly darker than the gold on the watch case.

The other is a 14K solid gold Omega buckle of simpler design that matches the watch case perfectly.

The question is, quite simply, which would you choose and why?

Thanks!

Here is an ad that shows the buckle for this watch:

But remember that this is for a US market 14K watch. I think the most correct of the choices presented is the logo buckle on the left. At least that’s the one I use with mine. I had it replated in pink gold to match the watch.
gatorcpa

I’d vote logo buckle as well, but wow I do love the 14K!

I checked in the daylight and neither buckle is an exact match for the gold on the watch, so at least I don't have to worry about that anymore. 😁

The one on the left is the one that definitely fits the Seamaster model from the 1950s.

Strap arrived, buckle choice made. 😀 Genteel Handmade alligator.

Edited:

I would go for the logo buckle , but use the one that makes you smile!