Forums Latest Members
  1. felsby I don't see any option in settings or profile Apr 23, 2018

Got this beauty from a friend today. Nearly perfect linen dial, case with sharp bevels, movement apparently in good shape. Crystal too scratched to resurrect. The crown is an unsigned replacement.

The watch has been sitting in a drawer for twenty years, now it is going to have the movement serviced and the crystal replaced and a black croc strap from @No Mercy !
    About the crown, I guess my watchmaker will have an idea of the correct original, but I would like to hear your thoughts about the correct crown type. Too early for a clover type, I guess?

Finally, please cast your vote about the best buckle choice. I would think it would the one at the right - the "fat" Ω.

Regrettably no inner caseback photo, haven't got the tools. Seller took the movement photo.

IMG_4926.JPG IMG_4927.JPG IMG_4928.JPG IMG_5066.jpg

2. ulackfocus Apr 23, 2018

The buckle on the left is a late 60's to late 70's version. I think the other two are fake because the bottom of the Ω symbol is too open.

3. felsby I don't see any option in settings or profile Apr 23, 2018

Thanks!
    Could be - OTOH, I got a hallmarked 9k "mwf" buckle that looks legit - it looks just like the middle one. But buckles are a minefield and I struggle to spot the fakes.

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Apr 23, 2018

I think the middle buckle could be correct. All depends on what is on the other side.

I agree with @ulackfocus on the other two.

Since I can't see the crown, I can't comment on it.
    gatorcpa

5. Sharp Apr 23, 2018

All three of those buckles are genuine IMO, centre is my favourite :thumbsup:

felsby likes this.
  6. felsby I don't see any option in settings or profile Apr 23, 2018

All buckles come from the inventory from a closed watchmaker shop. My question was more: Assuming they are genuine, which one would be period-correct? I also had the notion that the "sun" buckle is the latest design.
    In the same vein about the crown: should I replace with a clover crown or - which I guess would be the correct choice - a similar signed domed crown?

I didn't include a picture of the present crown, since I am pretty sure it is not original - Hope this will do :)

IMG_5064.jpg

This crown is from a similar watch https://www.chrono24.dk/omega/stunning-seamaster-watch-with-linen-dial-vintage--id4635473.htm

Seamaster-krone.jpeg

7. felsby I don't see any option in settings or profile Apr 24, 2018

8. GuiltyBoomerang Apr 24, 2018

felsby likes this.