Forums Latest Members

What's going on with snoopy 3 hour markers?

1. bruin20 Oct 7, 2020

I know everyone's first reaction is going to be something along the lines of 'ITS PARALAX' but I don't think that's the case. Maybe this is just a prototype? Maybe that's just the tolerance dials are made to? I've noticed the same issue on a couple of olympic 2020 models but find it odd on the website pictures plus it looks like fratello live photos have the same thing going on.

the 12 through 5 hour markers seem to be lined up correctly in place, but 6 through 11 seem to be too close to their previous minute hash mark.

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/...r-moonwatch-anniversary-series-31032425002001

https://www.fratellowatches.com/hands-on-omega-speedmaster-silver-snoopy-award-50th-review/

2. Bp1000 Oct 7, 2020

It’s a trick of the mind. The shadows are all top down which means the mind misses the shadows cast beneath the marker making it seem the distance to the nearest hash is shorter ?

in one of the fratello pics you can see this swap towards the 3

Ps I’m fairly certain these dials are laser aligned and printed with predefined cutouts for placement of the markers

Edited Oct 7, 2020
  3. bruin20 Oct 7, 2020

I don't doubt these are all laser aligned and printed, I'm skeptical that it is a shadow trick. Take a look at the panda dial images on the olympics here: https://monochrome-watches.com/omega-speedmaster-tokyo-2020-olympics-collection-japan-only-price/

there are the same types of issues as the snoopy which would be explained by shadows but look at 3 and 9. Those are just flat out pointing the wrong direction.

4. savio.79 Oct 8, 2020

You are right!
    Here's the proof: in this image you can easy see the "7" hour marker off-centered between the minutes markers. No deceptive shades in this image.
    Maybe a pre-production problem.
    omega-speedmaster-moonwatch-31032425002001-gallery-2-large.jpg

5. bruin20 Oct 8, 2020

Hopefully it is pre-production issues. Would be a shame to get your hands on one of these and have wonky hour markers.

Or maybe it'd be better because then the rolex folks will think they are getting 'error' dials.

Pun likes this.
  6. bobby shankit Oct 8, 2020

I'm quite sure a company with the heritage, expertise, and ability to produce exceptional quality watches, are hardly likely to put out onto social media for the whole world to see videos and images of a sub standard production or prototype watch, it just wouldn't happen so whatever it is your seeing i can't explain but it's no way a production fault

7. Evitzee Oct 8, 2020

How about the 'manking' box misspelling, and the wrong time for the brass plaque in the Apollo 11 50th (eventually corrected)? Omega is like any company, screwups can happen through inattention..

Cad290 and Pun like this.
  8. JTM Oct 8, 2020

Yes there were screwups with that box and that plaque, but they are two "accessories" that play second fiddle and to, and wouldn't get as nearly as much attention in production as, the watch. This is the face of the watch itself—the most visible part—so you'd think there wouldn't be any inattention related errors with this. I don't know if this one is actually an error or just visual tricks though.

9. Pun Oct 8, 2020

Let's agree to disagree....
    A goof-up is always a goof-up. Such inattention on a high-end Swiss luxury watch or its accessories is as good a blunder as the watch itself. They charge us extra only for such details Just my 2 cents...

Please read the second paragraph of Omega website page

Screenshot_2020_1009_081137.jpg
    Edited Oct 8, 2020
  10. bruin20 Oct 9, 2020

Go take a look at the rehaut on any rolex. 99% of the time the center of the crown at the top does not line up with the 0 minute indicator. I think these watches are just not made to the standards we all would like to believe.

11. Bp1000 Oct 9, 2020

Just curious if you think this marker is now centred?

[​IMG]

12. scapa Oct 9, 2020

IDK. Markers line up perfectly on my Speedies, SMPs and PO. Seems like they'd manage it on a flagship anniversary watch. We're not talking Seiko-level but Grand Seiko level QC here, surely. Guess I'll go over mine with a loupe when/if it arrives.

13. savio.79 Oct 9, 2020

Yes, now it is.

14. bruin20 Oct 9, 2020

Tons of live footage directly from the Omega factory. Same placement of markers as marketing pictures and website pictures. Maybe they are supposed to be like that?

15. Feifei0416 Oct 9, 2020

seems fine in the video in various shoots...

16. Gruesome Oct 9, 2020

I think this illustrates more the difficulty of taking pictures than the difficulty of making watch dials.

Scarecrow Boat and ConElPueblo like this.