What year was my Omega Seamaster made?

I recently inherited an Omega Seamaster, and was wondering if any of you could help me figure out what year it is. I'm thinking late 50's or early 60's? Thanks. photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

That's a mid- to late-50's piece, what we call a "hooded lug" style. Is the back gold or steel? The crown has been replaced and the dial was refinished. When you move it around do you feel a distinct bump inside like a nickel is bouncing off the case inside it? How about a picture of the caseback?

If I were to wager, I'd bet on 1956 or 57 and a case reference 14.363 housing a caliber 50x. If we can see inside with a very clear shot of the inside of the caseback and movement we'd be able to tell you exactly when it was made.

That's a nice dress piece to inherit, don't see that many hooded lug models around.

Nice watch. So you think it's a bumper do you Dennis ?. How can you tell that the crown has been replaced ?.

Could be a bumper.

The way to tell is, as Dennis suggested, to rotate the watch and see if there is a light thud. If there is, then the model of your watch will be a 14350. If there is no thud, it's most likely a calibre 501 and will be case 14363

If it's a 14350 then you can date it to 54 or 55. If its a 14363 then around 1956 will be its production date.

Cheers

Desmond

So you think it's a bumper do you Dennis ?

Don't know - flip a coin on it being a 35x bumper (odds on favorite a 351) or a 50x (501 most likely as Desmond said).

How can you tell that the crown has been replaced ?
It should have the clover crown I think. This is one of the hooded lug models I did some research on when I was trying to hunt down a 14.324 case to install a dial & 352 into. I ended up breaking up that franken to sell some parts that made 4 other watches correct.
It is a nice watch. It's a crying shame that it doesn't have it's original dial. That style crown is no big deal to find.

Seamaster 500 I guess ?? Just like mine 😀
Many seamasters with Caliber 35x and Earlier 50x used to wear The clover crown

Seamaster Cal 500 Hooded Lugs.JPG

Seamaster 500 I guess ?? Just like mine 😀
Many seamasters with Caliber 35x and Earlier 50x used to wear The clover crown

Seamaster Cal 500 Hooded Lugs.JPG
What's the symbol on that dial?

What's the symbol on that dial?
I still don't know what the symbol stand for..

I guess this seamaster was a special order made by a Company named MKO, anybody please... ??

And Honestly the dial was on my other Seamaster 500, you can call mine a franken one cos I've been looking for the correct dial

by the way, is this a "HOODED or HORN" lugs ?

regards

I still don't know what the symbol stand for..

I guess this seamaster was a special order made by a Company named MKO, anybody please... ??

And Honestly the dial was on my other Seamaster 500, you can call mine a franken one cos I've been looking for the correct dial

by the way, is this a "HOODED or HORN" lugs ?

regards

I guess here's the answer:

http://www.cityofboise.org/Departments/Parks/ParksAndFacilities/page44395.aspx

MORRISON KNUDSEN COMPANY

page44415.jpg

MK CO.

MKO mystery solved!

aga79 - It's definitely call hooded lugs.

I actually really like these company dials, I've seen a handful of Queensland Rail (QR) stamped Omega Geneve's and a few other railway ones which I've got a real soft spot for since I like trains.

This is "The Real Dial for my Seamaster 500"...

Ugly duck...😀

seamaster500hood.jpg

Wrong bracellet, just for fun...😉