What time is it?

Posts
3,436
Likes
9,117
Local time and second time zone, please.
Local time now is 7:40 AM. Which second time zone are you looking for?
 
Posts
2,586
Likes
3,873
As usual, learn something every day here. I get the Zulu flag thing, but what about the yellow box with the line to 8 o'clock?
 
Posts
3,436
Likes
9,117
Wrong again.
I get that from my wife a lot too. Hey, why don't you tell us what time it is. I'd like to see if you can figure it out on your own.
 
Posts
1,414
Likes
759
I get that from my wife a lot too. Hey, why don't you tell us what time it is. I'd like to see if you can figure it out on your own.
::facepalm1::
 
Posts
3,801
Likes
20,263
As usual, learn something every day here. I get the Zulu flag thing, but what about the yellow box with the line to 8 o'clock?
I believe that to be the adjustment to another time zone ahead or behind you in the day. Like the rotating bezel on a contemporary GMT watch.
 
Posts
459
Likes
872
The time I can figure out 6:12:xx (although the seconds and minutes don't really match up. And a second time zone. But I can't really imagine what the Yellow and Yellow/Red/Blue/White boxes are for.

From Wikipedia:

1737162541200.webp

"Radio room clock, showing the 500 kHz silence periods (red wedges), the 2182 kHz silence periods (green wedges), and alternating red and white bars around the circumference to aid manual transmission of the 4-second SOLAS signal."
 
Posts
6,781
Likes
10,439
I think you’ll find that I gave an answer and you ignored it.

But given some of your other ridiculous threads you’ve pretty used up your good-will capital and I don’t think anyone cares to play anymore.
 
Posts
1,414
Likes
759
I think you’ll find that I gave an answer and you ignored it.

But given some of your other ridiculous threads you’ve pretty used up your good-will capital and I don’t think anyone cares to play anymore.
Negative.

I respect your opinion.
 
Posts
2,394
Likes
11,312
The real question is "where are you", to know what time zone to look at. It's either 12 after 10, or 12 after 6.
 
Posts
3,601
Likes
9,158
What is the significance of the yellow box circled in green?

It means "My vessel is healthy and there is a bottle of whisky on the chart-table for the Customs Inspector."
 
Posts
1,414
Likes
759
The real question is "where are you", to know what time zone to look at. It's either 12 after 10, or 12 after 6.
Ante meridiem? Post meridiem? That is the quid.