Forums Latest Members

What model is this and where can i find spares! Please help!

1. olliesall Jul 26, 2022

Hi All,

I am trying to repair my Grandfathers watch. We have taken it into a watch repair shop which has advised the mechanism has had it. so, I am trying to see if I can source a replacement (and ideally a replacement face).

any advice, help and guidance on what model this is and where/how I can get my hands on spare parts would be amazing!

Thank you all :)

upload_2022-7-26_11-17-15.jpeg

upload_2022-7-26_11-14-33.jpeg
  2. fjf Jul 26, 2022

Not much interest here for quartz watches. DonĀ“t know if the original movement is available, but I'm sure a competent watchmaker can put in there a generic one, just to make it work. The dial and hands look nice (aged, but that's to be expected); I wouldn't touch them. After all, it is grandpa's watch and should look like it.

3. BroMega Jul 26, 2022

Since these go fairly cheap on ebay I'd just find a working one and put that movement in yours. You'd have to open yours and identify it to make sure you get the right one. The dial, I'd just leave as is or you'll end up with the ship of Theseus. Quartz watches just die at some point so getting spares, unless you meant the whole movement, is probably nigh on impossible.