Forums Latest Members
  1. MoclovFlop Do the Electric Boogaloo. Oct 14, 2020

Hi folks,

This image came up from a Japanese fellow that I follow on instagram back in February. It's a photo of a page from the "Chronos" Magazine from Japan, but his original image was focused on the Nicolet watch next to this intriguing tank chronograph:

IMG_2705.PNG

I tried asking him if he could provide another shot or more info from this page of the magazine, but the language barrier was a little much.

So, does anyone here recognize this watch?

I tried googling what I could read from the dial, but no matches came up. (Chrono-metre bap*, etc etc)

Seems like a very specialized chrono since it's laid out in 10 increments. Maybe a doctor's watch?

Any help is appreciated

Thrasher36 and DaveK like this.
  2. MRC Oct 14, 2020

DaveK and MoclovFlop like this.
  3. MoclovFlop Do the Electric Boogaloo. Oct 14, 2020

Interesting. Kind of looks like a "Y" is poking out from behind the hand though and not a "C"

But that's a possibility! I'll start throwing that in my searches.

4. janice&fred Oct 14, 2020

I think you're right about it being a doctors watch. Hopefully you will have it identified soon :thumbsup:

MoclovFlop likes this.
  5. Professor Oct 14, 2020

I suspect the sub dial indicates tenths of a second.

6. MRC Oct 14, 2020

Yeahbut, which way do the subdial and the inner subdial go? The subdial could be a "decimal", registering 1/50th of a minute. Or is it a countdown? I love puzzles :cool:

That magazine seems to be published in several languages, perhaps someone here reads it in german or english.

7. MoclovFlop Do the Electric Boogaloo. Oct 14, 2020

I'll have to try to figure out what issue it came from. He didn't say and there seems to be a lot of them. I'll reach out again.