What is this on my Planet Ocean dial?

Hi all, I bought this PO new in 2005 and it's been on my wrist most days since then. Back in Nov I noticed some white spots that showed up on the dial, and they've gotten progressively worse since then. Any idea what this could be and what, if anything, can be done about it? In case this might be a relevant detail, the last time I had it cleaned/serviced was in 2014. I sent it in to an Omega repair shop at the time because I managed to submerge the watch with the helium release valve partially unscrewed. The glass started fogging up after that so I sent it in immediately for maintenance. First pic is from Nov, the second one from today. Thanks in advance!

I'd suggest you to call it Stardust dial and sell for a premium 😀

My guess would be some sort of long term effect of the moisture incursion.

Maybe the technician that serviced it had a dandruff problem. 😉 Looks like dust to me.

Not dust as the marks haven’t moved at all in the three months between photos… agree probs related to moisture incursion. Are you able to tell if they are on top of the black surface, almost like tiny paint splatters, or actually pitted into it?

thanks all, it doesn't appear to be pitted. it looks more like paint splatters. sounds like the consensus is that this is probably related to the moisture incursion, not just some type of oxidation common to this type of watch and age. I'll take it to the shop and see what they have to say. hopefully the spots will simply wipe off. it's in great shape other than that (accuracy is about +2 seconds / day). worst case, I'll take hronists' suggestion and sell it as a stardust dial! 😁

thanks all, it doesn't appear to be pitted. it looks more like paint splatters. sounds like the consensus is that this is probably related to the moisture incursion, not just some type of oxidation common to this type of watch and age. I'll take it to the shop and see what they have to say. hopefully the spots will simply wipe off. it's in great shape other than that (accuracy is about +2 seconds / day). worst case, I'll take hronists' suggestion and sell it as a stardust dial! 😁

If the dial was permanently damaged and you couldn't stand the look, the dial could be replaced by Omega. It's not cheap, but it's an option.