What is better purchase of a midsize Seamaster: excellent condition or fair, for a price?

I am considering two seamasters (2052.50) one in better condition and, of course, more dollars. The price difference is sufficient to pay all/most of the cost of a full service by Omega. Based on what I have read, the watch will come back from Omega looking brand new. If there are no serious gouges in the case, that seems better route. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Polished/restored is always polished/restored, original is only once.

We'd wish to see photos of the two watches to make a more educated pronouncement for your query.

Unless you are gong to subject the watch to hard use, such as a beater watch, I'd suggest going for condition. I'm not so keen on Omega's rehab leaving it "looking brand new," preferring the services of a good independent watchmaker to service it and put it in good order. Slicking up the surface condition doesn't appeal to me as I already have watches like that in the menagerie here. There's aesthetic value in originality unless it's dogged out.

Is this an example of the subject watch?
s-l400.jpg

A good honest used example is still a very pleasing Omega.

Resuscitating a battered watch that you bought, cheap, will end up costing you more in the long run, than paying more for a better example, in the first place. And it will never be as good as an original, well preserved, model. That’s my opinion, anyway.

Like 3
"What is better purchase of a midsize Seamaster: excellent condition or fair, for a price?"

Controversially I am going to go for option C. A 41mm full size SMP in any condition.