Forums Latest Members

What happened to FC Barcelona?

1. Pazzo Aug 14, 2020

Anyone watched the game?

2. Nepomuceño Aug 15, 2020

Yep. It was capitulation at its finest. Bayern are inform and look favorites to win it all IMO. Barcelona are a lost team at the moment. Only compounded by the fact they will soon be facing life without Messi. Also the lockdown has a lot to do with it. Some teams in the UCL have come back with momentum, others have not. Leipzig also look decent.

Pazzo likes this.
  3. neilfrancis Aug 15, 2020

They were terrible last night. And their attitude was truly shocking. They just didn't seem to care any more.
    Huge clearout required at the Camp Nou. And from what I have read that needs to start in the boardroom.
    The team's performance was a disgrace and an embarrassment to a great club. But the powers that be should be booted out too.

Man City to beat Bayern in the Final.

4. neilfrancis Aug 15, 2020

P.S. I think Messi will almost certainly be looking for a move to Leeds United now, and to team up with 'El Loco' Bielsa.

Marching On Together.

Davidt and TimeODanaos like this.
  5. jhross98 Aug 15, 2020

Barca I think have been tempted every year to tinker and try and win it again with Messi (&Suarez). Meanwhile the core gets older and slower and now is one of the oldest in Europe. Contrast this to Bayern who ripped the band-aid off a few years ago, got rib of Robben and Ribery (club legends who were falling off the pace), and re-tooled with young studs like Gnabry and Davies.

This has been coming for Barca for a long time and now they will have to do a full rebuild. Even Real Madrid has done better rebuilding post Ronaldo sale than Barca has.

I wish we could see Bayern vs. Liverpool this year for the UCL final (clearly the 2 best in europe) but we will have to settle for Bayern vs. City (hopefully) in the semi

Bayern would have to be the favorite but City will give them a real game

neilfrancis likes this.
  6. Nepomuceño Aug 15, 2020

If Barcelona don't sack Setien I'll be surprised. Not only do they need a new manager they need to give their youth academy a chance. That's what made them great ten years ago. Yes they bought here and there but the majority of the team was from La Masia. A good example is Ansu Fati.

7. Nepomuceño Aug 15, 2020

Ahh a Leeds fan eh? Welcome back to the prem. Come on you Spurs ;)

neilfrancis and Badwolf like this.
  8. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Aug 15, 2020

D754CB01-CA5E-4816-B91D-3866BD7D434C.jpeg

9. lillatroll Aug 15, 2020

They need to get rid of the president, the manager has only been there since January, what chance does he have ti turn around an aging team even before the transfer window is open?
    All yesterday did was expose for the third or fourth time the failings of the club to plan for the future. The manager should not really be blamed for that, at least not this season.

neilfrancis likes this.
  10. sxl2004 Aug 15, 2020

With Messi and Suarez not helping in defense and pressing there is nowadays no chance to win against a top team.
    Same with Ronaldo. It is getting harder for a team to having to defend with 9-10 man and have the superstars watch the game.
    Messi hindered Argetina in 2014 and it is getting worse.

11. Nepomuceño Aug 15, 2020

I agree. It's not really his fault but he's gonna be the one to take blame. Especially when the scoreline was 8-2. I'd say part of the blame is indeed on the board. They have not invested well and it shows. The other part is the players/manager. The lack of effort and mental defeat is something I've seen often (As a Spurs fan). It was capitulation on a team level and these are some of the best players in the world so there aren't many excuses. Maybe if this was the Barcelona second team but these are seasoned internationals.

12. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Aug 15, 2020

Glad they’re on the way down. Never understood why people liked all that ticky tacky passing nonsense!

Much preferred football with a couple of 8’ tall centre halves with the attitude and approach of Norman Hunter and Jack Charlton and up front, a 9’ bullet headed, single minded, hard as nails centre forward (Lofthouse?) fed crosses by speedy wingers and equally speedy and tough full backs, assisted by a long haired inside forward with ball passing pretensions.

neilfrancis and mr_yossarian like this.
  13. Nepomuceño Aug 15, 2020

Well there goes City...

neilfrancis and Pazzo like this.
  14. jhross98 Aug 15, 2020

i guess who knows this year. . but maybe we get a decent psg bayern final. neither of the 2 other sides seems close

15. Nepomuceño Aug 15, 2020

Honestly it's refreshing to see big teams go down. I think Bayern are gonna go all the way but don't quote me on it...

Readiness77 likes this.
  16. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Aug 15, 2020

Sports world turned upside down with the rest of place. The upcoming NFL season should be interesting

17. Pazzo Aug 16, 2020

You're most probably British.
    Nothing wrong with that, mind you. ... :)

Big League Soccer times!

Spruce likes this.
  18. vicakers Aug 16, 2020

End of a cycle at Barcelona, but I think the doomsayers are over exaggerating. A good manager (Pochettino) followed by a couple of key signings and they will be competitive

19. jhross98 Aug 16, 2020

maybe. . .not sure who you rebuild around. entire back line needs to go. pique is a shell of his former self. semedo is a joke

20. Shabbaz Aug 16, 2020

If I was Barcelona I would buy bayern München

sxl2004 likes this.