What else do you collect besides watches?

Posts
20
Likes
23
Hi. Call me a nerd but I used to collect vintage action figure. ( Hasbro Gi Joe, but mostly Mexican aventurero de accion ). Those were produced from 1972 to 1978 although the firts action figure came in 1964. I think they sparked creativity and imagination in children who played as explorers, divers, spyes, hunters, etc

 
Posts
543
Likes
3,799
I had never seen the Mexican GI Joes...very cool. And the other figures are great, too.
 
Posts
30,181
Likes
77,927
I once may have owned, a long time ago, a 6 million dollar man lunch box...
 
Posts
943
Likes
9,824
six million dollar man ha. Lifting that car engine was amazing when I was a child.
 
Posts
3,446
Likes
35,197
I had the Steve Austin action figure… But you guys are a bunch of amateurs.

 
Posts
1,976
Likes
5,049
Mostly just handmade acoustic guitars for me
Love the different sounds you can get from differential body sizes and shapes, bracing patterns and tonewoods

Fair to say I collect wine too- though that is part of my day job

 
Posts
7,059
Likes
13,027
Besides scale models of rare mil aircraft ?
Old aviation & spaceflight photographs and magazines as I want to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the British Interplanetary Society BIS - "Spaceflight" magazine.
For me it was only 50 years ago when I first got my hands on a "Spaceflight" magazine issue and learned about the (un-)manned spaceflight history behind the iron curtain.
Buying the magazine on a regular basis, I started to buy books by James Oberg as soon as these appeared ("Red Star In Orbit" (1981) and "Star-Crossed Orbits (2002)).
In those pre-Internet days only a few magazines covered spaceflight in detail and the only way to get direct information was by actually writing a letter to the space agencies themselves.
Especially nowadays, nothing beats going through old documents, magazines and time-period photographs, often discovering new information which sits in plain sights!
A hint for everyone as great satisfaction & fun is achieved when any new discovery is made...
.