What do you think about Omega nato straps?

Hi all,

So, what do you think? Please only honest opinion.

I personally found that one square metal sharp part of the nato strap digs into your wrist and hurts. Also, it’s very long and the watch looks cumbersome. It’s one of the worst straps to be honest in my experience. How is that could be good?

At least that one metal part must be covered it digs into wrist. Those who have these straps hopefully will understand me.

I just want to hear other thoughts whether people agree or not.

Thanks!

Crazy overpriced comes to mind. They're $180 to $350 for a piece of fabric with an Omega buckle. No thank you. Crown and Buckle NATO straps at $30 works just fine for me.

Personally I think their NATO straps are top notch. Very comfortable, nothing digs into my wrist. They are expensive but they hold up extremely well.

Personally I think their NATO straps are top notch. Very comfortable, nothing digs into my wrist. They are expensive but they hold up extremely well.

Sorry, I don’t get why people leave comments like this.
Yes, it feels like a seatbelt. It might be durable enough, but it sits absolutely awful. Usually you could wear nato strap in different way (search YouTube) but you are not able to do that with this nato strap. It simply doesn’t work other way, you could wear it only one way - as usual.

All natos I have that part (below I circled) is covered by material, so it’s soft. How could people say it doesn’t dig into your wrist if that metal part is not covered + it's not rounded but rather with sharp angles

image.jpeg
Edited:

Best nato available…

Is it worth the price???

IDK and I have one.

So, what do you think? Please only honest opinion.
Personally I think their NATO straps are top notch. Very comfortable, nothing digs into my wrist
Sorry, I don’t get why people leave comments like this […] it sits absolutely awful […] How could people say it doesn’t dig into your wrist
Well, you did ask for opinions 😕. Did you only want people to talk negatively on the straps?

Just because you find that metal piece uncomfortable doesn’t mean everyone does.

But a two piece strap is no longer a NATO, right?. I thought the definitive requirement for a NATO is it to remain on the wrist if one spring bar fails.

Worst NATO on the market. Awfully thick, very pricy. Unwearable. Ad one with my Speed. Wear it 2 times just say I tried and but it back in the box for eternity.

I wear Nato from CWC. The best's ones to me.

Yes, it feels like a seatbelt. It might be durable enough, but it sits absolutely awful. Usually you could wear nato strap in different way (search YouTube) but you are not able to do that with this nato strap. It simply doesn’t work other way, you could wear it only one way - as usual.

All natos I have that part (below I circled) is covered by material, so it’s soft. How could people say it doesn’t dig into your wrist if that metal part is not covered + it's not rounded but rather with sharp angles

So... when you said you said "please only honest opinion" and that you wanted "other thoughts whether people agree or not" what you really meant is that everyone should share your exact same experience and opinion?

Well.... hate to break it to you, but I genuinely find them to be one of the more comfortable NATOs I've worn. C&B Natos (in my experience) either aren't stiff enough and provide too much wobble, or they're not as comfortable (but close). Other brands are often too thick or too uncomfortable, sometimes just scratchy, sometimes irritating, and sometimes abrasive.

As far as your experience with the metal keeper, it doesn't "dig" into my wrist. it sits against it in a comfortable fashion- not unlike a piece of a metal bracelet might sit against my wrist.

The major downside? They're very expensive. That's ok with me, I typically prefer a bracelet or leather anyway.

Maybe you are wearing it too tight?

And they are too expensive, but the quality makes it worth it ????

If you go for a cheaper brand you can buy several and swap them around and find one that is comfortable.

For the cost of an Omega NATO, I'd much prefer to buy a brand new Seiko SSK GMT, and still have money left over for a nice dinner.

Been using BluShark Ultra premier seatbelt NATO's. Quality is great.

I suspect I’m not the only one here who has a pretty irrational fixation on everything being OEM: I’ve had NATOs and other straps from non-Omega sources, and while some of them have been excellent—about as good as OEM—I’d be lying if I didn’t say that it sorta bothers me to look down and see a buckle that says something other than “Omega” on it—or even if I’ve gone to the trouble of swapping in an OEM buckle, just knowing that it’s “off-brand.”

No one need to tell me how stupid this is. I know. It’s siphoned hundreds of dollars out of my pocket, including several hundred on Omega NATOs over the years.

I’ve sold all of them, and a couple I modded first so that I could wear them without all the extra crap piled up. (Hard to explain, but it involved cutting and removing one keeper, and shortening the strap, using a lighter to clean up and seal the new edge. This made it much more pleasant to wear, IMO.

Just my opinion: they’re fantastic NATOs—the most comfortable I’ve owned. But they’re also idiotically overpriced, to the tune of like 400%. I don’t think I’ll ever buy another one. …Famous last words.

I think they're the best nato I've ever had. I do find them quite comfortable, and also highly durable compared to other vendors.

But the price is outrageous!

The closest I've found is Artem's nato's, but those are $60 which is also insane. And, only come in a few colors.

The most comfortable nato I've ever had is a Seiko Seichu, but they are thicker and also not cheap (hard to buy directly and $150-200 used on ebay)

One thing I’d add: two of the Omega NATOs I’ve owned were “gifts” from the AD, one to compensate for an issue with a watch, the other as a throw-in (along with a few other goodies) as a thank you at the point of sale. (I got an Omega rubber strap and pin buckle this way too.)

It can’t hurt to ask your SA, if you have a relationship: my sense is that they often have a stash “in the back,”these aren’t super-fast movers, and their cost from SWATCH is low—comfortably disappearing into the margins when they sell a $$$$ watch. “Can you toss in a NATO?” probably won’t offend anyone.

Bizarre reaction to Fiberguy's comment, but I agree with him. They are the most comfortable and best on the market and do hold up, you may need time to get used to it. Overpriced, sure, so are their watches, but you get what you pay for, in most cases. I've purchased dozens and dozens of NATO straps and most are complete rubbish, too short, and the keepers are a really lousy metal and too high for the thin straps.
Edited:

Please accept my apologies. Had I have known you only wanted opinions that aligned with yours I would have refrained from commenting. I do however standby what I said, and I will continue to wear and enjoy my Omega NATO straps.

FWIW, I didn’t take the OP’s tone to be dismissive or chiding of dissent. I think it was just meant as ‘I don’t get how people can feel this way about a strap that I think is objectively uncomfortable, and I’m trying to understand how that’s possible.’ It’s pretty clear that a lot of folks disagree about that.

Totally get where the negative reaction to his post is coming from, but I suspect it’s just a misconstrual of his intended meaning. Good to remember that tone can be very tricky on a forum—and (without making any assumptions) that many people here may be writing in English when it’s not their primary language.